Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!!
johndice Offline

Threads: 1
bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!!

Frictional Games, congratulations for what I consider to be a milestone in horror games, and in interactive entertainment in general. This is the most immersive gaming experience in recent years for me.

I think that if you could overcome the technical hurdles (which the epic citadel demo from epic games showed that its doable), even though the reliance on physics is a tough nut to crack, this would be a perfect fit for the iphone/ipod touch (especially the newer devices)! The object manipulation and general "physical" interaction with the world could be a big hit on the touch screen, and the generally common use of headphones with these devices would be a perfect fit for the game. Also, in terms of controls, the best fps games on the appstore (like Nova from Gameloft) show that its perfectly doable, plus you dont have to worry about shooting controls/mechanics.

The appstore, although its gaining ground, it still is in its infancy as far as quality titles go, so your game should stand head and shoulders above almost anything else there. Plus, you would probably gain tons of popularity, and maybe even the potential piracy problem wouldnt be so big, because of the nature of the average iphone consumer (not nearly as tech savvy as the average pc gamer, which could well mean less piracy).

I'm hoping that, as a business venture, you'll find the iphone market a profitable one - its a HUGE market, and you really should do something about it!
09-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Find
dako500 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!!

I would rather see X360 and a PS3 versions than iPhone. I think it's just ridiculous. How can you get scared of anything on a 2,4x4,5 inch screen? It would be a waste of a great experience.
09-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24

As proud iPhone owner, I agree, but not because it would be hard to get scared, but, how to open physical doors on a touch screen while running? Huh
09-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Find
Twin Offline

if they're going to port it to a handheld device then it might as well be the 3DS.....man that would be incredible
09-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

This game is not to be played on cellphones, that platform is good for fast action games or occasional games, a slow game like this that needs to be played in the dark with headphones and alone is not the best game for cellphones, it can be made but it will be more of a curiosity them the real frighting experience that you can have on the PC.
09-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Immersion must be amazing on that tiny screen!
09-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

Is this a joke thread ? I hope so...

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
09-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

FORGET THE ABOVE AND bring it to PSP ...

playing it in my bed with headphones on would be awesome on sony psp.

I wonder if the psp has the power to emulate Amnesia on it ....

but then again ....

look at Metal Gear PeaceWalker Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGVtoNPdk...re=related

?
09-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Website Find
johndice Offline

I'm really surprised by some of the answers - borderline hostile. If you have a different opinion, express it within acceptable social boundaries. I would expect so much from people enjoying such a deep and unconventional game. Its crucial that you have some gaming experience with a newer iphone/ipod touch device, especially when it comes to first person games, in order to contribute to the thread.

That aside, thx to anyone expressing their opinion with respect to the original thread. I laid down some points about the whole iphone space, that especially after the epic citadel demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHX7htYsVDQ), shows a great deal of potential. Anyone who tries to capitalize on that potential is making a smart move IMHO, just like Epic. With Epic being a leading developer, its not without purpose that the unreal engine hasnt appeared on a more "solid" gaming platform like the psp. Its all about the potential market and the momentum of the idevices.

I would really like for people answering here, to comment on what is laid on the table, instead of trolling.
09-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Find
Honethite Offline

Threads: 0

I can't see that ever happening. Frictional Games have obviously worked very hard on the atmosphere in Amnesia, which would be immediately lost on the small screen. Although that Epic Citadel Demo looks impressive.
09-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Find