Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Level Editor Crash On Launch [SOLVED]
mintybreath Offline

Threads: 1
Level Editor Crash On Launch [SOLVED]

When I try and run the LevelEditor.exe it loads to about 95%, and then crashes. I'm fairly certain I followed all of the steps accurately when installing it, but if it is an error on my part please tell me.

In the Exception Reasons box it says, "LeveEditor.exe caused an Exception_Access_Violation in module LevelEditor.exe at 001B:0041B61C
cEditorUserClassDefinition::Create()+0220 bytes
d:\hpl 2\tools\editors\common\editoruserclassdefinitionmanager.cpp linel"

I can also post the log file, stack trace, and anything else you need that you feel might help.

(I wasnt sure if this should go in Tech Support, or Custom stories)
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2010, 09:21 AM by Luis.)
09-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Find
swat1cat Offline

RE: Level Editor Crash On Launch

(09-18-2010, 12:33 AM)mintybreath Wrote: When I try and run the LevelEditor.exe it loads to about 95%, and then crashes. I'm fairly certain I followed all of the steps accurately when installing it, but if it is an error on my part please tell me.

In the Exception Reasons box it says, "LeveEditor.exe caused an Exception_Access_Violation in module LevelEditor.exe at 001B:0041B61C
cEditorUserClassDefinition::Create()+0220 bytes
d:\hpl 2\tools\editors\common\editoruserclassdefinitionmanager.cpp linel"

I can also post the log file, stack trace, and anything else you need that you feel might help.

(I wasnt sure if this should go in Tech Support, or Custom stories)

Are you sure you put it all in the right place?
(...\Amnesia: The Dark Descent\ or ...\Amnesia: The Dark Descent\redist\)
09-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Find
mintybreath Offline

RE: Level Editor Crash On Launch

Oh When I extracted the files initially, I neglected to extract the "editor" file...

Somehow when I was checking and rechecking everything I missed this Shy. Lol Consider my problem fixed.
09-18-2010, 03:57 AM
Find
Heidious Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Level Editor Crash On Launch [SOLVED]

Sorry to ressurect this but I've just downloaded the level editor and extracted it to my Steam apps folder as instructed and I'm getting this exact error message. All files have been extracted. Am I missing something?

Cheers.
12-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Find
Edenbelow Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Level Editor Crash On Launch [SOLVED]

I have the exact same problem as the user above. Also bought my copy of amnesia from steam, so there is no redist folder.

Help!
01-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Find
Armlessninja Offline

Bug  PLZ HELP ME

Sad I have some weird error that I don't under stand. This has never have happen to me before until now I was trying to make a full conversation mod sadly fail each time when I thought I figure it out I try to load level editor but it crashes at a black screen and this error pop up!
Quote:LevelEditor.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACESS_VIOLATION in module Level Editor.exe at 0023:004E7360, hol::cGuiSkin::GetGfc, d:\hpl_2\core\sources\gui\guiskin.cpp, line 0277
PLZ help me this is driveing me insane I try deleting everything from my full conversation mod and reinstall level editor amnesia works prefectly but not the level editor plz PM me as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Find