Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

One Concern and One Suggestion
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3
One Concern and One Suggestion

First the concern:

I remember in one of your blogs you were interviewed on the piracy issue and talked about maybe in the future porting a sequel (or prequel) of Amnesia to the XBLA and PSN to hopefully increase revenue and reduce piracy. I understand that with a limited budget it is hard to advertise in any outlet other than word-of-mouth; however, you should realize that by developing a multi-platform title, there will be an increase in the number of pirated PC copies. The reason for this is that a lot of PC owners believe that the overall quality of the PC version will be "dumbed down" (and this is actually evident if you compare some multi-platform titles: Borderlands anyone?).

I had something else to add here, but having a little trouble wording it so I'll update it when it comes to me.

Now the suggestion:

So far we've had some youtube gameplay videos and website reviews, but I was thinking of something a little different. As another form of advertisement, why not create a compilation of people freaking out, like this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2o2la51Nn8. I think this would help some people get off the fence of "this game can't be as scary as people say it is." Tongue Anyways, if we did this, of course we'd need people to volunteer recording themselves... which might be a little hard since I'm sure the majority of us have played it already. Maybe playing custom stories? Who knows.
09-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Find
popsUlfr Offline

Threads: 0
RE: One Concern and One Suggestion

Wouldn't the people who say "this game can't be as scary as people say it is." not be the first ones to see for themselves? That is getting it through legal or illegal (more likely) means?
Such an advertisment might not be a bad way to lure some more people in but I fail to see the relevance with piracy here, sorry.

Another variable that needs to be taken into account here is the retail availability. So far Amnesia is only available retail in russia, recent statistics have shown that Europe's retail sales are still more important than those of download services.
09-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Find