Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Multiple Checkpoints in one map?
39Games Offline

Threads: 14
Multiple Checkpoints in one map?

G'day,
Is it possible to have more than one checkpoint through a map? I have the feeling I've seen it somewhere through TDD but that may just be me. My apologies for my stupidity if so.
I have attempted this before in one of my previous custom stories and it didnt work, it only continued using the first checkpoint in the map.
For my newest custom story it is crucial that I have multiple checkpoints on a particular map since theres multiple different events happening and if you die from say the 2nd event, you'll be taken to the first event which, obviously isn't good.
How would I go about this?

Cheers!

05-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Multiple Checkpoints in one map?

The latest one you add should remain as the current checkpoint. If you for example have two collision areas calling CheckPoint() in different parts of the map, you should respawn at the one you last touched. Perhaps something went wrong when you did this in the past, like having it accidentally call the first checkpoint more times than intended.

Try adding debug messages if it doesn't work out for you. They really help pinpointing the issue.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2016, 10:53 PM by Mudbill.)
05-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Find