Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help [Abandoned]Strange Level Door problem...
rallelol Offline

Threads: 11
[Abandoned]Strange Level Door problem...

Hello, I have encountered a really strange problem in my custom story. I'll just get straight to it.

I have this level door in a map, lets call the map "house".
If i load this map, and play it, do everything that has to be done to unlock said door, and then leave the map, the correct map and position should be loaded, right?

It does, BUT, when i play the whole story from the beginning, which means you will go through two levels before you reach "house". Then when you leave the map, from the same level door ofcourse, you will spawn on a different spawn, and even a different map. This is crazy.

To clear out any questionmarks, yes, it is consistent, if i load the map from the "f1" menu and just play "house" and then leave the map via the door, it loads the correct pos and correct map everytime, and vice versa, if i play the story from the beginning and exit the "house" level i spawn at the INCORRECT pos and map everytime. So there's a strange bug that's happening and i've never experienced it before. Note that i have been debugging some but i have problem seeing how it is related to scripts since it's controlled via the actual door in the level editor.

I will continue debugging but i'm just checking with you guys here aswell if someone has had the same problem.

THANKS in advance, love. /Ralle

EDIT: So what i basically did is change the story up a little bit so that you wouldn't have to enter the level again, preventing you from being able to cause this bug, i couldn't be arsed to debug it since everything i tried didn't work (I also tried changing the door to a script that changed the level, but the exact same thing happened). So i just changed it up a bit and saved me alot of frustration. Thank you for your answers
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016, 10:52 AM by rallelol.)
05-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Strange Level Door problem...

What's the name of this map? If it's as generic as "house" it might find the wrong "house" map, if you've got several ones, for example from other stories installed.

05-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Find
rallelol Offline

Threads: 11

(05-09-2016, 09:12 PM)Mudbill Wrote: What's the name of this map? If it's as generic as "house" it might find the wrong "house" map, if you've got several ones, for example from other stories installed.

The three levels are: 0_basement, 0_brycehouse and 0_outside, so i don't think that's the problem :/ But thank you anyway! Smile
05-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Go into your mod's /maps directory and delete all the files with extension .map_cache
If that doesn't solve the problem, try to reproduce the error without that level door. You can use a script area to temporarily change levels. That should help you find the problem.

05-10-2016, 04:12 AM
Find