Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acid bug (but different)
bannon Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Acid bug (but different)

Many people here have posted about the acid bug. Well I didn't realize this was an issue until after I patched.

Story: I patched the game and went on playing where I left off the previous evening, which was just prior to creating the acid mixture. I did this, but when I arrived at the refinery entrance, the gooey substance was not even there. I assumed the patch had just got rid of the substance altogether.

Now I'm at the explosive mixing stage and I have a vessel full of acid and no way to empty the thing!

What do I do?
09-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Acid bug (but different)

You will probably have to start over from an earlier save when you are sure the gooey substance is there so you can use it. I have tried to recreate the problem you are describing but could not so I think it can only be a very unfortunate cause of patching at a very specific moment.

You can also take your last save game in My Documents/Amnesia/Main and zip it and upload it here, maybe it can be edited to make the game think you have the right item for explosive mixing.
09-24-2010, 06:53 AM
Website Find
bannon Offline

(09-24-2010, 06:53 AM)jens Wrote: You will probably have to start over from an earlier save when you are sure the gooey substance is there so you can use it. I have tried to recreate the problem you are describing but could not so I think it can only be a very unfortunate cause of patching at a very specific moment.

You can also take your last save game in My Documents/Amnesia/Main and zip it and upload it here, maybe it can be edited to make the game think you have the right item for explosive mixing.

Here is the save file in question.

I thought maybe it was possible to just change my inventory to include the empty can?

Thanks for the reply and hopefully there's a fix so it'll save me a few hours of backtracking.

.rar   AutoSave_ArchivesCellar_2010_9_23_20_37_55_0.rar (Size: 30.27 KB / Downloads: 177)
09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Find
bannon Offline

If possible can anyone send me a save in the archives part of the game just around the part where you must drain the two tanks to create an explosive? Just in case this doesn't work.

Thanks.
09-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Find
Kim Offline

Threads: 0

The modified saves I have attached works here, I managed to fill the container to create the explosive.

OT:
@jens
There's some problem with the XML generator when it saves the msImageFile field.

Quote:<var type="4" name="msImageFile" val="graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/lantern.tga" />
09-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Find
bannon Offline

(09-25-2010, 04:12 PM)Kim Wrote: The modified saves I have attached works here, I managed to fill the container to create the explosive.

OT:
@jens
There's some problem with the XML generator when it saves the msImageFile field.

Quote:<var type="4" name="msImageFile" val="graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/lantern.tga" />

Thanks! But I can't see your save.
09-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Find
Kim Offline

Damn, sorry about that. I noticed that previewing removed the attachments but I forgot to add it again anyway. Sad

The attached archive is actually in 7z format, but the server won't allow it with the appropriate extension. Just mentioning it in case you get some problems unpacking, should work with WinRAR if you use that.

Attached Files
.zip   Archives Cellar + Storage.zip (Size: 134.22 KB / Downloads: 199)
09-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Find
bannon Offline

(09-26-2010, 01:37 PM)Kim Wrote: Damn, sorry about that. I noticed that previewing removed the attachments but I forgot to add it again anyway. Sad

The attached archive is actually in 7z format, but the server won't allow it with the appropriate extension. Just mentioning it in case you get some problems unpacking, should work with WinRAR if you use that.

Thank you VERY much! I really appreciate this. Now I don't have to return all the way to the beginning...especially when I was really getting into the whole tale.
09-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Find
Stamforth95 Offline

Hi.

I have the same problem. Would it be possible for my savegame to be edited as well? If so, it would be much appreciated!

If possible, I'd rather not have to start again, and I wouldn't use somebody else's save. Either way, it just wouldn't be the same - the atmosphere would be lessened greatly, and that's what I play the game for.

In other news, I've been really enjoying the game so far. It's the most intense, atmospheric game I've ever played. Well done, Frictional!

I've attached my savegame in .7z format, but I've changed the extension to .doc so I could upload it.

Thanks,

Stamforth95

Attached Files
.doc   AutoSave_BackHall_2010_10_20_0_14_46_0.doc (Size: 61.29 KB / Downloads: 132)
10-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Find
Kim Offline

Kerlon has detailed the necessary changes in another post. Albeit, the only necessary change is changing msName from chemical_container_2 to empty_container (in this case at least). I would like to also note that the directory can be left out for the graphics it appears, so this works and look nicer:

<class type="cLuxInventory_Item_SaveData" name="">
                    <var type="4" name="msName" val="empty_container" />
                    <var type="2" name="mlType" val="0" />
                    <var type="4" name="msSubType" val="ChemicalContainer" />
                    <var type="4" name="msVal" val="" />
                    <var type="4" name="msExtraVal" val="" />
                    <var type="4" name="msImageFile" val="chemical_container.tga" />
                    <var type="3" name="mfAmount" val="1.000000" />
                    <var type="2" name="mlCount" val="1" />
                    <var type="4" name="msGameNameEntry" val="ItemName_ChemicalContainer" />
                    <var type="4" name="msGameDescEntry" val="ItemDesc_ChemicalContainer" />
</class>

</rant>

I've attached a fixed file.

Attached Files
.zip   AutoSave_BackHall_2010_10_20_0_14_46_0.sav.zip (Size: 115.25 KB / Downloads: 146)
10-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Find