Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why did the monsters chase Daniel?
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Why did the monsters chase Daniel?

The Gatherers
Spoiler below!
The Gatherers

This story reaches all the way back to the time of the Thirty Years' War. It is said that soldiers who abandoned their duty got lost in the cold dark woods and were forever damned to roam the grounds. Their bodies wrought by their tainted souls have left them disfigured and empty of essence. Many have sighted them over the years and describe them as horrid revenants. They move silently through the woods, shying away from any beholder. They are called Gatherers as they seem to follow some ambition to steal living creatures. It is their prey which can be heard struggling inside damp burlap sacks dragged behind them which reveal their presence. What dark scheme do they follow?

Regarding Closing of the Wine Cellar
Spoiler below!

Wilhelm and his fools have endangered my research long enough with their absentminded handling of the human vessels. The sheriff is keeping a watchful eye on the forest and is killing my trusty servants. It's just a matter of time until they follow the trail to Brennenburg. I need to lock Wilhelm and his men up to avoid further investigation from the public. The wine cellar will therefore be sealed off until the matter has been handled. Either the king's men leave or they will starve. Whatever comes first - they can rot for all I care.

Maybe I will feed them some wine, it would in a sense solve both of my problems.

Daniel
Spoiler below!
As the sun sets on Brennenburg its fairy-tale varnish turns to an eerie gloom. Alexander's strange servants are never far away. They are a quiet lot and their behavior could only be described as skulking. Alexander seems pleased by my presence. As he puts it, it seems like I got here just in time.

...and...

The servants avoided him, yet he knew they were there. They all smelled of spiced wine, a mystic scent permeated by clove and sage.

10-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Website Find
Black Rabbit Offline

Threads: 0

(10-02-2010, 11:15 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: The Gatherers
Spoiler below!
The Gatherers

This story reaches all the way back to the time of the Thirty Years' War. It is said that soldiers who abandoned their duty got lost in the cold dark woods and were forever damned to roam the grounds. Their bodies wrought by their tainted souls have left them disfigured and empty of essence. Many have sighted them over the years and describe them as horrid revenants. They move silently through the woods, shying away from any beholder. They are called Gatherers as they seem to follow some ambition to steal living creatures. It is their prey which can be heard struggling inside damp burlap sacks dragged behind them which reveal their presence. What dark scheme do they follow?

Spoiler below!

Wilhelm and his fools have endangered my research long enough with their absentminded handling of the human vessels. The sheriff is keeping a watchful eye on the forest and is killing my trusty servants. It's just a matter of time until they follow the trail to Brennenburg. I need to lock Wilhelm and his men up to avoid further investigation from the public. The wine cellar will therefore be sealed off until the matter has been handled. Either the king's men leave or they will starve. Whatever comes first - they can rot for all I care.

Maybe I will feed them some wine, it would in a sense solve both of my problems.

Daniel
Spoiler below!
As the sun sets on Brennenburg its fairy-tale varnish turns to an eerie gloom. Alexander's strange servants are never far away. They are a quiet lot and their behavior could only be described as skulking. Alexander seems pleased by my presence. As he puts it, it seems like I got here just in time.

...and...

The servants avoided him, yet he knew they were there. They all smelled of spiced wine, a mystic scent permeated by clove and sage.

it's clear that wilhelm's body and some other people's got turned to gatherers...but why with wine? and how?
10-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Find
zacharychaos Offline

(10-03-2010, 01:16 AM)Black Rabbit Wrote: it's clear that wilhelm's body and some other people's got turned to gatherers...but why with wine? and how?

Well I think this wine was contaminated with something supernatural.... I say that because Alexander drank it right in front of Wilhelm, who was suspicious about the "celebration".

The process was probably similar to Agrippa's tonic-it has supernatural ingredients and origin. If you've beaten the game you can imagine how it didn't affect Alexander...
10-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Find
Zhobery Offline

Threads: 1

When I got caught by the zombie and carried to jail, I previously had runned away from him by closing the door in front of him. Even though he couldn't pass through the door, he caught me anyway XD.
10-03-2010, 05:31 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(10-03-2010, 01:16 AM)Black Rabbit Wrote: it's clear that wilhelm's body and some other people's got turned to gatherers...but why with wine? and how?

I don't think Wilhelm and his men turned into something. They're all dead. Servants are something else, unknown to be human formerly.

(10-03-2010, 05:31 AM)Zhobery Wrote: When I got caught by the zombie and carried to jail, I previously had runned away from him by closing the door in front of him. Even though he couldn't pass through the door, he caught me anyway XD.

It's because of script. You have to get caught in there.

10-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Website Find
Eyeless Offline

But it says they smell of spiced wine.
10-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Find
Black Rabbit Offline

(10-04-2010, 05:26 PM)Eyeless Wrote: But it says they smell of spiced wine.

indeed...that's why I said it's them...plus in the wine room it says that their bodies get disfigured turning inside out and something about bones and stuff
10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Find