Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Cannibalism [RELEASED]
Numerius Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Cannibalism [RELEASED]

Nice story!
02-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Website Find
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6

Really nice Custom Story, lots of details in things that lay spread across all over, feels alive. The story was good, easy to follow and I liked the twist Big Grin. Well simply it was great, only thing I would like to suggest for a follow-up would be that you add some clues,
Spoiler below!
for example it was obvious that the key should be in a fireplace (because of what was written on the note), but there where many fireplaces, and the one it actually was in had a lit fire so it was impossible to spot the key. Made me run around doing all kind of crazy stuff to your fireplaces XD.

Then we also have the end door, ok, it was really easy when I found it, but I happened to find the door upstairs with wood spiked in front of it, and that made me, again run around like crazy all over the map, searching for more water, another glass pot, another door or just something, no clues on where the entrance door was (I don't know if i was suppose to remember?).

Well less looking for whatever, more of everything else Big Grin. Good job
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011, 12:29 AM by Vradcly.)
02-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

Well this story was alright, but there are a lot of problems. While it has more effort in it than other maps (which aren't really great either) I have my complaints.

Well lets begin

Spoiler below!
I saw a lot of lights sticking through walls, and this is kind of a basic problem that you could have avoided easily. I mean this kind of laziness pretty much nulls the rest of your hard work.

Jawless only shows up twice, and both times he's easy to avoid, like extremely easy. The first time in the cellar I just hid behind a box and waited him out he didn't even patrol past me, the second time as soon as I used that key I just ran downstairs while he bashed the door. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but he only shows up twice in the whole story.

The gameplay was kinda meh, just a "Go to dis room, find dis key, go to dis room use key, rinse repeat".

If the answers to where the keys where in the notes wasn't completely obvious, it was nearly impossible because nobody could tell that one key was in a fireplace because they couldn't understand it meant chimney. WHich isn't really your fault, but you should avoid these problems in the future.

The story was kind of meh, I mean its kind of creative, but it comes off to me as cliche. I mean the whole part of not knowing anything ties well with the rest of the story, and realizing it was you the whole time, but this is a bit too similar to amnesia's story with Danial and him forgetting. Plus those twists at the end where you're the bad guy have been becoming increasingly popular in mainstream media and pretty much everything. So you don't get any points for creativity really, but you don't really lose anything.

Theres a lot of room for improvement.

I'm not saying its bad, its certainly not the worst, but it could use some work.

i spam meme 4 raeg
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2011, 04:10 AM by Shev.)
04-05-2011, 04:05 AM
Find
AshRiley Offline

I really enjoyed this one for its unique story, a great plot. I became lost so many times however, this is fine, not complaining, will look foward to seeing what else you make. Smile
04-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Find
Roy595 Offline

Threads: 0

Great job! This was my first custom story download, so I can't compare it to anything else. But, I really enjoyed it! There were a few moments I was pretty freaked out! The twist at the end was particularly nice, I don't think something like that is featured much in player-made content. No spelling or grammar mistakes particularly stood out to me, and I assume the note in the foreign guy's room was supposed to be badly written because English was not his first language.

One thing you did exceptionally well: building up the suspense and horror. It was paced fairly well with scares at just the right, unexpected moments. It would be interesting to see you make more custom stories.

Anyway, some constructive criticism: the monster could have made one or two more appearances. The map also did not have many puzzles, and at one point in the game you pick up a knife but I don't think you ever use it for anything. I didn't mind the piano music, it was pretty cool but it did drag on for a little too long. The one key bit in the cellar was creepy but it got a little annoying after awhile. It should have faded out after 30 seconds to a minute.

One last bit of complaint: the faithful servant "Bob". The name was just kind of... lame. It was actually a little amusing lol

Besides that, great job!
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011, 02:23 AM by Roy595.)
12-05-2011, 02:10 AM
Find
Zumper Offline

Threads: 4

Awesome story!

Make more story, keep up the good work!
12-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Find
Vesanic Offline

I have the same problem as Everlone. First black screen with text, then the loading screen with Aristotle's quote, and then it's blocked... Any help would be appreciated.
01-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Find