Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PlayerStart area refuses to work
Thesus Offline

Threads: 3
PlayerStart area refuses to work

I've tried moving the spawn area everywhere, on the bottom of the floor, in the middle, yet every time I try playing the map, it puts me out in the void and I just fall to my death. The wiki doesn't really help as there are no tutorials explaining how to place a playerstart correctly. I have a feeling it might be because I don't have a script file for it or something, but I kinda doubt it.

Screenshot:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/mapproblem.png
09-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: PlayerStart area refuses to work

Are you sure that it is a playerstart area? So that it is not a regular script area named playerstart or something like that? You select different types of areas in a drop down menu for the area tool.
09-28-2010, 06:10 AM
Website Find
Thesus Offline

Threads: 3

Yes, that's what I did. In the screenshot I have it selected, that's why it's white. Hold on, here's a screenshot of the parameters.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/mapproblem2.png
09-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Make sure there is no other start area (use the search function in the editor), the game should use the first area it finds, so if there is only 1 area then that area should be used.

You should also open the user_settings.cfg file in My Documents/Amnesia/ for your user and make sure that you enter the name of the area in the PlayerStartArea (I think it is called that), which is in the <map line
09-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Website Find