Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro to mod
Hypercube Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Intro to mod

(06-06-2016, 11:01 PM)Abion47 Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 10:27 PM)Daemian Wrote: I did some tests and I found there is a problem with that helper_message.hps, it keeps crashing the game. Anyways, if you remove the line setMessage and the include you're fine.

line 25 and line 319
PHP Code: (Select All)
#include "helpers/helper_message.hps"
SetMessage("What the hell was that?!",3.0f); 

Do you have the MessageMod installed and configured correctly? The script runs fine for me as is.

I'm pretty sure I did, I put the script file for it in my mod folder, added the line in resources.cfg, added Modules.cfg in my config foler, and put the code I wanted in my script file. That was about it. Did I miss anything? Because I did download your mod obviously, so I don't know what else it was that you might've said in your thread about the message module because I'm pretty sure that's all you told me to do.

Anyways, it worked fine, I loaded up ModLauncher and got my mod running so I could see the text being displayed, and it worked. It was only until I added this part where an automatic chase only began after the monster walked to the end of it's pathnode track or whatever, and a few cables on the top of a vent for extra detail in the level editor that the map's script file would've load so I couldn't play my latest updated version of my W.I.P. map in the debug mode.

Keep in mind that my map did load up in ModLauncher before with my original script file but didn't have any of the new updated map/script elements I added.
06-06-2016, 11:58 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

Do you have your mod folder loaded in SOMA's default resource.cfg file and add the message module to SOMA's Modules.cfg? If not, that would explain why it's not loading in debug mode, since debug mode doesn't load your mod's resources.

Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with the script, and it loads fine for me, so my guess is that it has something to do with the map files.
06-07-2016, 04:48 AM
Find
Hypercube Offline

(06-07-2016, 04:48 AM)Abion47 Wrote: Do you have your mod folder loaded in SOMA's default resource.cfg file and add the message module to SOMA's Modules.cfg? If not, that would explain why it's not loading in debug mode, since debug mode doesn't load your mod's resources.

Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with the script, and it loads fine for me, so my guess is that it has something to do with the map files.

Wow nevermind, I included my mod folder in my mod's resources file but not SOMA's main resources file. Whoops. I was really confused because it loaded completely fine before so I didn't think it had to do with any of the config files, but when I installed the Message Module (which is pretty cool by the way) I didn't realize you had to do it for the default resources file as well so it kept on crashing with an error message whenever I clicked on "load map". Anyway, if that was it, thanks... that brought me out of a lot of confusion! Smile
06-07-2016, 05:41 AM
Find
Hypercube Offline

(06-07-2016, 05:41 AM)Hypercube Wrote: Wow nevermind, I included my mod folder in my mod's resources file but not SOMA's main resources file. Whoops. I was really confused because it loaded completely fine before so I didn't think it had to do with any of the config files, but when I installed the Message Module (which is pretty cool by the way) I didn't realize you had to do it for the default resources file as well so it kept on crashing with an error message whenever I clicked on "load map". Anyway, if that was it, thanks... that brought me out of a lot of confusion! Smile

Well now that that's been said and done, I have another problem... So right after I got the game running again, the monsters I placed in the level will not follow the pathnodes they were assigned to follow.
06-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Find
Hypercube Offline

(06-09-2016, 12:13 AM)Hypercube Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 05:41 AM)Hypercube Wrote: Wow nevermind, I included my mod folder in my mod's resources file but not SOMA's main resources file. Whoops. I was really confused because it loaded completely fine before so I didn't think it had to do with any of the config files, but when I installed the Message Module (which is pretty cool by the way) I didn't realize you had to do it for the default resources file as well so it kept on crashing with an error message whenever I clicked on "load map". Anyway, if that was it, thanks... that brought me out of a lot of confusion! Smile

Well now that that's been said and done, I have another problem... So right after I got the game running again, the monsters I placed in the level will not follow the pathnodes they were assigned to follow.

And I also have another problem as well, when I put the timers and the SetPlayer_Active command in the OnEnter function, the set player active will still not work. I am crouching, but I can still move around and turn on my flashlight. It only works in debug mode for some reason, but even then I can still press shift and stand up. And my monsters still won't follow the pathnodes correctly...
06-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Find