Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editor Window Will Not Maximize
Metal Kozak Offline

Threads: 1
Editor Window Will Not Maximize

The window for the editors, (such as: Level Edit, Model editor) will not maximize to a full screen. The editors themselves work fine it is just when it's on screen I cannot maximize or change the size of the window. I can't rotate the view in the editor either. The maximize window icon (little square) in the top right corner seems to be faded out, compared to the minimize (little minus - ) and the close buttons (little x).

I'm sorry if this is a noob mistake, but I would really appreciate someone's help. This editor actually seems simple enough to use, compared to the other ones out there which require vast knowledge of script. Too bad things seem to be half working when I get them.
09-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Find
Equil Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Editor Window Will Not Maximize

Edit>Options>Resolution, change it to a larger size if you want a larger window. I don't think it can be maximized. This is just for the level editor though, I haven't touched the other editors yet.
09-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Find
Alienchild Offline

Unfortunately the editors are made in FGs own GUI (probarbly the same renderer as the game), which in turn needs to be restarted to change the size of the screen.
09-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Find
Metal Kozak Offline

(09-29-2010, 08:26 AM)Equil Wrote: Edit>Options>Resolution, change it to a larger size if you want a larger window. I don't think it can be maximized. This is just for the level editor though, I haven't touched the other editors yet.

I have tried what you said, but it didn't do anything to change the window size. I think that setting has something to do with the resolution in game, but I'm not sure.

(09-29-2010, 11:40 AM)Alienchild Wrote: Unfortunately the editors are made in FGs own GUI (probarbly the same renderer as the game), which in turn needs to be restarted to change the size of the screen.

If that is the case, Is it the computer's GUI or does the game have one itself? And how do you go about resetting it? (As I said in original post, I'm a bit of a computer noob).
09-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

If changing the resolution via editor won't work, try changing it in the LevelEditor.cfg file which is located at My Documents/HPL2.

09-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Find
Alienchild Offline

There is no such thing as a "computers GUI". What you are referring to is the Windows GUI (or Mac/Linux). They use their own buttons, windows and such, and them being rendered is done by Windows. The GUI in the leveleditor is most likely the game engine rendering opengl elements (quads), and as such when you change the resolution you need to reset the renderer, hence you have to restart the engine.

It's just a guess on my part though.
09-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Find
Metal Kozak Offline

(09-29-2010, 12:41 PM)Pandemoneus Wrote: If changing the resolution via editor won't work, try changing it in the LevelEditor.cfg file which is located at My Documents/HPL2.

Yes! It worked. Equil was right on track, I didn't know you had to change it in that HPL2 folder. Thanks for your help guys.
09-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Find