Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug/Glitch in Storage.
john Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Bug/Glitch in Storage.

When i try to use the chemistry pot on the vat it in the storage area it just says "Cannot use this item this way!". I have watched several walkthroughs on youtube and i have read a guide on how you are supposed to do. This doesn't seem to work. I double click the Chemistry pot and click on the Primary vat and it says:
"Cannot use this item this way!"
I have assembled the drill and made a hole in both vats and tried to use the Chemistry pot on them about 20 times each from all kinds off angles and directions. Can any adminstrator please help me? atleast explain all the steps in storage very precise incase i have missed something please.
09-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Bug/Glitch in Storage.

I'm guessing you updated to 1.0.1 and continued a 1.0 game in which case bugs like this can occur, either replay from an earlier save using the Load Game function in main menu or see this thread:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4825.html
09-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Try to leave this area and return back.
See if it works now.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Find
Megadrixfire Offline

Threads: 0

Its a bug, update or just put it on the rock, it will automatly put it on the floor. It Works!
10-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Find
john Offline

Thanks for the help everybody, but i bought the game on steam, and it updates automatically so that wont fix it i think Undecided and leaving and coming back didnt work, i tried. I even tried to go into all the rooms in back hall just incase. And putting it on the rock didnt work Sad but atleast i got the problem diagnosed which means a lot Smile but any more tips would be helpful or at least a link to some forum with somebody who has the same problem.
10-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Find
Hannibal Offline

(10-01-2010, 12:03 PM)john Wrote: Thanks for the help everybody, but i bought the game on steam, and it updates automatically so that wont fix it i think Undecided and leaving and coming back didnt work, i tried. I even tried to go into all the rooms in back hall just incase. And putting it on the rock didnt work Sad but atleast i got the problem diagnosed which means a lot Smile but any more tips would be helpful or at least a link to some forum with somebody who has the same problem.

Darn automatic upgrades! User 'jens' works for Frictional Games, and he linked to some save games you could use to get to as close to just before this happened as possible. Wink

"Getting stuck" is not uncommon. There are threads about getting stuck because they got past the organic matter without using acid, because they got trapped in a room, etc. Most "getting stucks" are unique in some way. I got stuck exactly once. Hopefully this is your one bad knock and the rest of your game will go smoothly.
10-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Find
john Offline

okay the problem is fixed, i used a savegame from the link that jens sent, a little sad though i got a little to much forward and missed a part Sad but thats okay, im just happy i can continue :p well thanks everybody and any adminstrator can close the thread now because the problem is fixed
10-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Find
Harlequin1001 Offline

Threads: 1

Hey, I am having the exact same problem as John except that I can't use the save games you guys have provided, I can download the file but it then sits in the folder and doesn't show up any save games I can load up in-game.
Please help!
10-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

if it does not shows up i the game then you did something wrong.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Find
Harlequin1001 Offline

Threads: 1

Do I have to extract the savefiles from the file you provide or do I simply download it straight to the location you suggest?
10-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Find