Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to make water work
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43
RE: how to make water work

(10-03-2010, 03:21 PM)Mofo Wrote: I've made a simple map with working water, check the settings and look for any differences between this map and your own.

http://www.mediafire.com/?daxrcgoo1yl72mt

Ok thanks, also my maps messed up some sounds will not play and when i load up my map theres an area which is totally different than what i see in my level editor, theres a doorway to a room with a door, but when i load the map up theres no door way just a door which is glitched onto a wall.... whats up with that? i think some of my files may be messed up as there was a sound i used and it was totally different when i tested it.

Also im using a door frame but when i load my map up theres no door frame either... mayeb theres loading issues?

Edit again, i just put my spawn point on the newest area, its not even there... i just fall and when i look up the whole areas invisible. Strange thing is some things ive done to the map have updated but others havent, so im pretty confused at why most of my stuff isnt showing up. I guess thats why my water wont work as it probably isnt updating. (And yes i have saved the map and re opened it, also the new area i made i put it in yesterday). Maybe i have too much in my map?
10-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

Make sure you delete the .cache file and take a look at an important notice regarding patch 1.0.1 here in the forum.

10-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(10-03-2010, 04:54 PM)Pandemoneus Wrote: Make sure you delete the .cache file and take a look at an important notice regarding patch 1.0.1 here in the forum.

Yeah it works now, so it was the patch which broke it. One last question, how do i access the quick load, load new map etc. menu while in the game ive made a dev account and followed a tutorial but i dont know the button im to press to access the screen.
10-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Find
Mofo Offline

Threads: 4

F1

(random text because reply was to short)
10-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Find