Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
Subterranea (Work in Progress - NEED FEEDBACK)
Tyrant T100 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Subterranea (Work in Progress - NEED FEEDBACK)

I got to the living quarters last night before I went to bed and I must say you did a very good job at building tension, I must have spent a good few minutes hiding in a cupboard only to find out the monster was nowhere near me.
10-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Find
Soon Offline

Threads: 11

Crabski, I originally wanted to start in the village, but we've all seen how bad outside environments can look with amnesia. It might be worth it if I took the time to make some custom models so I could actually put the doors on the houses and make the houses actual 3D objects you can go inside.

Tyrant, that's good to hear, I wanted that room to be very tense with the notes you find and all the random noises occuring.

Also, what does everyone think of the story so far? Is it just ok or do you actually get anything from it? I am prepared to do rewrites for a lot of the notes if they need it.
10-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

This is possibly the best mod I've seen so far. Seriously, man, give yourself a pat on the back. The constant lurking feeling you had going on in the bedrooms, with the sounds coming from all the wardrobes. The writing is realistic too, and it interests me further.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
10-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Website Find
Soon Offline

Im working on the next three levels for Subterranea now. The third of which will really test your equilibrium. When I finish this set of three I'll release an updated version of the WIP.
10-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Looking good! I think the levels need a bit more detail though. It's certainly one of the better mods so far!
10-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

Sorry to anybody who may have seen me ask about this elsewhere, but could somebody explain to me how these redist.rar downloads work?

The main problem comes from the fact that I'm using the Mac version so I don't think it works in the same way. I can get maps working where I just download/extract the .rar and stick it in my custom_stories folder, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with the redist.rar ones.

I've seen a couple of other maps that seem to work that way but I don't know how to make them work, which is a shame because many of them look really good.

Thanks.

Wow - what a mansion!
10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Find
Soon Offline

Sorry, Bulb. I've never used a Mac before.
10-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Find
Slith Offline

Threads: 4

Bulbatron: You're supposed to put the redist folder you extract directly under the game folder (Amnesia - The Dark Descent) because it might contain sound/music/voice or custom models that weren't in the game originally.

Your Amnesia directory should be buildt up like this: Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist(MERGE WITH THIS ONE/custom_story(NOT HERE)

Might not work in the same way on mac thou Sad
10-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

This is sort of embarrassing. I think I asked the question in a different thread to which I intended, since this map doesn't seem to be a redist.rar one so I can play it with no problems.

I mean, the question still stands - if there're any Mac users out there who know what I'm talking about, but this level (Subterranea) seems to be fine and I can play it no problems. Sorry for the confusion.

But while I'm here, I have to confess to being a bit stuck. I can get underneath the church and into the area above the trapdoor, but then I'm not sure what to do. I wondered whether I was supposed to look at the markings on the walls, but they don't seem very clear.

Wow - what a mansion!
10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Find
Slith Offline

Threads: 4

It's quite dark down there, but there's a door somewhere on the side of the corridor. Just follow the right wall from the big door you can't get in yet.
10-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Find