Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

This game is a friggin masterpiece [SPOILERS]
AceDauntless Offline

Threads: 5
This game is a friggin masterpiece [SPOILERS]

MASS SPOILERS

Dear god this game was awesome. I absolutely LOVED it. I was so immersed in the world. The epic story plot twists were amazing. Finding out you were torturing hundreds of people for your own sake was INSANE. Also, it made me think, were the abominations chasing me simple seeking their own revenge? The motivations behind every character were so awesome. Can you really hate Alexandar? He's not human, has no reason to care for humans, and simply wants to meet his love again. The beasts chasing you, you easily could of tortured them, creating their rage.

I seriously cannot remember the last time a single player game left me this enthralled. The second i have 20 spare bucks im buying the Penumbra pack because these developers showed they got the chops to make a seriously badass game. I know i for one am looking forward to future games by Frictional.

Also, does anyone know what the budget of this game was? Just curious.
10-14-2010, 03:31 AM
Find
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2
RE: This game is a friggin masterpiece [SPOILERS]

Glad you liked it, I certainly did too. Penumbra: Overture and Black Plague are awesome as well; in fact, I think the scariest/best game of the three is Black Plague.

I don't think they're allowed to give out numbers for contractual reasons, but we know that the budget for Amnesia was very low (as in, below minimum wage low as far as I remember).
10-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Find
AceDauntless Offline

Threads: 5

(10-14-2010, 03:38 AM)Crabski Wrote: Glad you liked it, I certainly did too. Penumbra: Overture and Black Plague are awesome as well; in fact, I think the scariest/best game of the three is Black Plague.

I don't think they're allowed to give out numbers for contractual reasons, but we know that the budget for Amnesia was very low (as in, below minimum wage low as far as I remember).

Well if they keep making quality games I'm sure that will go up. ^_^

But omg the story kept me glued to the screen! I loved the way the story played out. It was amazering.
10-14-2010, 04:03 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

They said they made back the budget of Amnesia when they hit 36k sales, with 15k being pre-orders. 15k*18USD plus 21k*20USD is 690,000USD, although it could be a little more from Russian boxed sales. So, yeah, it was a shoestring budget.
10-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Find