Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Questions About the Level Editor
Yonmaja Offline

Threads: 3
Basic Questions About the Level Editor

I've been fiddling around with the level editor for a couple hours and I'm able to make a room and such, but there are some things I haven't been able to figure out how to do.
1. How do I move the camera in the perspective window? All I can do is rotate, and if something is far away it's hard to line up properly.
2. Is there a way to combine a set of smaller items into one large one? What I mean is that, could I take a bunch of wall segments and combine them into one large wall, so I could rotate it instead of one segment at a time?

Pleasee be gentle, I'm not a modder.
10-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Basic Questions About the Level Editor

1. Hold alt and use your mouse buttons.
2. Select multiple items using shift and press B to make a compound.

10-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Find
Yonmaja Offline

(10-19-2010, 09:29 PM)Pandemoneus Wrote: 1. Hold alt and use your mouse buttons.

The middle mouse button doesn't move the camera like it should.
10-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Find
Mekose Offline

Threads: 1

(10-19-2010, 09:34 PM)Yonmaja Wrote:
(10-19-2010, 09:29 PM)Pandemoneus Wrote: 1. Hold alt and use your mouse buttons.

The middle mouse button doesn't move the camera like it should.

Hold alt and hold left click to scroll around, right click to zoom, and middle mouse to move the viewpoint. You can also take the viewpoint (the blue dot the editor focus's on) and force it off the axis for a free roam kind of mode. Do this by clicking the LT tab at the bottom under grid controls. Another thing I like to do is maximize a window by hovering my mouse over it and pressing space.
Hope that helps. Describe to me what your middle mouse button is doing, maybe I can help.
10-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Find
Yonmaja Offline

(10-19-2010, 10:16 PM)Mekose Wrote: Hold alt and hold left click to scroll around, right click to zoom, and middle mouse to move the viewpoint. You can also take the viewpoint (the blue dot the editor focus's on) and force it off the axis for a free roam kind of mode. Do this by clicking the LT tab at the bottom under grid controls. Another thing I like to do is maximize a window by hovering my mouse over it and pressing space.
Hope that helps. Describe to me what your middle mouse button is doing, maybe I can help.

Well, the middle mouse button should move the viewpoint while holding lalt, but it just doesn't do anything at all.
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Find
HakePT Offline

Threads: 1

(10-19-2010, 10:53 PM)Yonmaja Wrote:
(10-19-2010, 10:16 PM)Mekose Wrote: Hold alt and hold left click to scroll around, right click to zoom, and middle mouse to move the viewpoint. You can also take the viewpoint (the blue dot the editor focus's on) and force it off the axis for a free roam kind of mode. Do this by clicking the LT tab at the bottom under grid controls. Another thing I like to do is maximize a window by hovering my mouse over it and pressing space.

Well, the middle mouse button should move the viewpoint while holding lalt, but it just doesn't do anything at all.

Try a different mouse. I heard some have troubles with this setup, it was made to be used by the devs and as such some problems arise.
10-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Find
gbutler69 Offline

Threads: 0

(10-19-2010, 10:53 PM)Yonmaja Wrote:

If you're on Linux, use "Z" instead of ALT. ALT is mapped by your window manager.
01-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Find