Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up a dev environment?
Yonmaja Offline

Threads: 3
How to set up a dev environment?

I changed all the settings in the CFG files told by this (http://hpl2.frictionalgames.com/amnesia:devenvguide) but the map won't load when I start the game. Any help?
10-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Find
Mekose Offline

Threads: 1
RE: How to set up a dev environment?

(10-20-2010, 10:47 PM)Yonmaja Wrote: I changed all the settings in the CFG files told by this (http://hpl2.frictionalgames.com/amnesia:devenvguide) but the map won't load when I start the game. Any help?

I couldn't get that Dev environment set it up either. Just do it the ol' fashioned way, by selecting the map from the custom stories menu. It's really just an optional thing so you can load a map real quick, test something out, then leave and repeat.
10-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Find
HakePT Offline

Threads: 1

For the map to load it must be in the maps folder.
NOT custom_stories, there is a maps folder in the main folder and within is another folder called main. This is the campaign that you play, place the folder of your map here in this maps.

The rest was easy enough to set up.
10-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Find
Entih Offline

Threads: 4

No, putting the map into the main game's map folder is a silly solution because of the issues it presents when adding other content (which must also put into main game folders, then re-located at time of release and put into the custom story folder. it also means you need to edit things like the primary game english.lang file to enter in text entries, which is a bad idea period).

Just make it such the game does not attempt to auto-load a map at all. Go into main_settings.cfg and set ShowMenu to true, then just load the custom story through the custom stories dialog, but do mind that the custom story is required to be properly set up for this to work.
10-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Find