Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Items will not appear in inventory
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16
Items will not appear in inventory

Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with getting some of the items to appear in my inventory. The items I am using are the coins_small.ent, coins_medium.ent, and the coins_large.ent. (I believe these are from Tenebris Lake. Someone correct me if I am wrong. This is the first time using them ever in four years.) Anyways, when I pick them up, it displays the message. "Picked up 10, 25, or 50 Thalers." However, when I look in my inventory, they are not there. I tried the GivetItemFromFile("Coins", "coins_medium.ent") function, and nothing appears in the inventory. If anyone has any insights on this issue I will be happy to hear it.

Here is an image of the items I am refering to.
[Image: WuoxWJc.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2016, 02:18 AM by DanielRand47.)
08-14-2016, 02:11 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Items will not appear in inventory

These are from the vanilla game. It's normal that once picked up they don't appear in your inventory - back in the day FG intended to make various chests that players would open with thalers, and the entities you're using are the remnants of the scrapped mechanic. You either need to create your custom puzzle items basing on the coin bags, or take them from a certain mod, I think it was "Killings in Altstadt". If they're not there, it should be fairly easy to transform them into regular puzzle items though.
08-14-2016, 02:30 AM
Find
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16

(08-14-2016, 02:30 AM)Slanderous Wrote: These are from the vanilla game. It's normal that once picked up they don't appear in your inventory - back in the day FG intended to make various chests that players would open with thalers, and the entities you're using are the remnants of the scrapped mechanic. You either need to create your custom puzzle items basing on the coin bags, or take them from a certain mod, I think it was "Killings in Altstadt". If they're not there, it should be fairly easy to transform them into regular puzzle items though.

I see. That would have been a cool mechanic for the main game. I did check moddb and Killings in Altstadt is still up. I'l look through its files and see what I find.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2016, 02:51 AM by DanielRand47.)
08-14-2016, 02:51 AM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

The only real problem is:

A) Creating the item's icon
B) Keeping track of the amount

While yes, creating the inventory icon is fairly simple, keeping track of the amount that had be picked up is a different story.

Depends if you want to actually do something with that. I would suggest creating a global variable that is added on item pickup that would keep track of the coins.
08-14-2016, 07:46 AM
Find