Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Publishing mod (Workshop)
Venom Fox Offline

Threads: 9
Publishing mod (Workshop)

My mod is ready and I'd like to publish it. I know how to upload it to Moddb but steam workshop is a whole different story, I have no idea how to do it! Does anyone know how to do it?
09-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Find
mysteryman141 Offline

RE: Publishing mod (Workshop)

There is an application in the main Soma directory called WorkshopModUploader.exe that's used to upload mods to the steam workshop.
09-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Find
Venom Fox Offline

(09-03-2016, 07:28 PM)mysteryman141 Wrote: There is an application in the main Soma directory called WorkshopModUploader.exe that's used to upload mods to the steam workshop.

When I first launch the uploader and have to find the mod folder, I just have to select the
entry.hpc and it should go just fine?
09-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

If your entry.hpc file is correctly configured, then that should be all you need to do at that step.

entry.hpc
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Content
    Author="YourNameHere"
    InitCfg="config/main_init.cfg"
    Type="StandAlone"
    Title="Your Mod Title Here"
    Description="The description for your mod that will appear on the Steam Workshop page."
    LauncherPic="ImagePreviewFile.png"
/>
  • Author - Your name
  • InitCfg - The local path to your main config file (should just be config/main_init.cfg unless you changed it)
  • Type - Either "StandAlone" or "AddOn", depending on what type of mod you are making
  • Title - The title of your mod
  • Description - The description of your mod
  • LauncherPic - The image that will appear in the Mod Launcher when your mod is selected

09-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Find