Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Black Plague demo: infected dead/gone?
Matthes Offline

Threads: 3
Black Plague demo: infected dead/gone?

I was in the large corridor with fuse box, my room, the other guys room (carpenter?, he recorded something on a tape) from the demo. I attracted the infected dude and went into the flue (without changing the level) and took a plastic barrel (blue) with me, into the flue. The infected followed me but was unable to get into the flue, so it was patrolling in front of the entrance.
I took the blue barrel and hit the infected with it several times, and than it didn't move any more suddenly, it just stood still. I could stand directly next to it and examine it, it didn't react. I was even able to walk through it and throw obstacles through it.
When left the level and re-entered it in order to see what happened to it, I had the impression that it was totally gone, I checked the corner near the end of the corridor where it usually respawns and also the area where it freezed, but it just wasn't there.

I am not sure whether this is related but the terminal said
sh: ./openurl.sh: not found
AL lib: alBuffer.c:1097: exit() 4 Buffer(s) NOT deleted
some when during my session.
(11-02-2010, 10:41 PM)Matthes Wrote: I was in the large corridor with fuse box, my room, the other guys room (carpenter?, he recorded something on a tape) from the demo. I attracted the infected dude and went into the flue (without changing the level) and took a plastic barrel (blue) with me, into the flue. The infected followed me but was unable to get into the flue, so it was patrolling in front of the entrance.
I took the blue barrel and hit the infected with it several times, and than it didn't move any more suddenly, it just stood still. I could stand directly next to it and examine it, it didn't react. I was even able to walk through it and throw obstacles through it.
When left the level and re-entered it in order to see what happened to it, I had the impression that it was totally gone, I checked the corner near the end of the corridor where it usually respawns and also the area where it freezed, but it just wasn't there.

I am not sure whether this is related but the terminal said
sh: ./openurl.sh: not found
AL lib: alBuffer.c:1097: exit() 4 Buffer(s) NOT deleted
some when during my session.

It seems reproducible to make the Infected gone that way. The second time I tried, it was not turning walk-throughable but it just blocked the way out flue, I quickly switched the levels (and back again) and the Infected seemed totally gone.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2010, 10:52 PM by Matthes.)
11-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Website Find
house Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Black Plague demo: infected dead/gone?

Maybe you killed the Infected. Smile
11-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Find
Norc426 Offline

Threads: 0

Same thing with me. It's so weird. What happened with me was this: I turn off the power, go into the room with the syringe. I grab the syringe and it comes in the room. He was about the leave but instead, he just stood by the door facing the exit. I was like WTF?!?!? and I quickly threw a flare at him (yeah lol) and still he didn't notice me! He did move around and went back into the room though. I was crouched right behind him (no homo) and my guy started to panic and he STILL DIDN'T NOTICE ME!!! WTF!!!!! Huh

So basically I think it's a problem with the demo since we are both having problems.
02-02-2011, 02:23 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0

it happens sometimes in the full game too.
02-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Find