Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Bugs (Maya)
Verkehr Offline

Threads: 13
Question  Model Bugs (Maya)

I made now a model, successfully loaded it inside the Model Viewer, but it misses some spots, else said "faces". How do I make them appear? I also edited those spots due to glitches I've had, like the texture repeating itself at some spots when I didn't want it to.
10-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Model Bugs (Maya)

If it's consistently missing half of every face, then you might've forgotten to triangulate it upon export. Otherwise it could just be the texture is fully transparent at those faces?

10-25-2016, 11:30 PM
Find
Verkehr Offline

(10-25-2016, 11:30 PM)Mudbill Wrote: If it's consistently missing half of every face, then you might've forgotten to triangulate it upon export. Otherwise it could just be the texture is fully transparent at those faces?

I triangulated it, and it's not transparent, as I can see the face normally inside Maya, but when I want to put it inside the Viewer, it doesn't show the faces! I'll try to open that "map editor" thing, and fix it from there (if I can).
10-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Screenshots of what's wrong would be nice. Also make sure you didn't apply the texture in the inside of the model, which would have strange results.

10-27-2016, 12:24 AM
Find
Verkehr Offline

Information  RE: Model Bugs (Maya)

(10-27-2016, 12:24 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Screenshots of what's wrong would be nice. Also make sure you didn't apply the texture in the inside of the model, which would have strange results.

Alright, I've made screenshots of every "version" I've made, 2 basics how it looks like inside Maya for all of them, and for each version 2 inside the Viewer. I hope this will help you understand me. I've also included again the versions themselves, feel free to open and edit them. Smile
10-27-2016, 08:56 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

It's preferrable if you upload your screenshots to Imgur and link them in your post with the [img] tag. It's quicker and easier to see instead of having to download an archive. Like so:

[Image: Yd12XDR.png] [Image: 0k0V99y.png]

I can't say I've seen that issue before. I'm no Maya expert so might be better to ask someone else, but I can tell you right now that the second texture file is redundant. You're better off just stretching the corner of your first file across the region the second one uses. Since it's just 1 plain color, there won't be any visual anomalies from stretching it.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 01:41 PM by Mudbill.)
10-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Find
Verkehr Offline

(10-27-2016, 01:38 PM)Mudbill Wrote: It's preferrable if you upload your screenshots to Imgur and link them in your post with the [img] tag. It's quicker and easier to see instead of having to download an archive. Like so:

[Image: Yd12XDR.png] [Image: 0k0V99y.png]

I can't say I've seen that issue before. I'm no Maya expert so might be better to ask someone else, but I can tell you right now that the second texture file is redundant. You're better off just stretching the corner of your first file across the region the second one uses. Since it's just 1 plain color, there won't be any visual anomalies from stretching it.

Ok, I'll try my best to find it how to do that on youtube, as I'm worse than you in Maya. Thanks for helping. Smile
Just one question, what does "redundant" mean? I'm not perfect in English. ;-;

Ugh, never people make the video I need. Can you explain please?
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 03:05 PM by Verkehr.)
10-27-2016, 02:50 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Redundant means unnecessary. You can do fine without it. You could just look up the definition instead of waiting for my reply Wink

If you refer to my video, then just select the faces in the back (the ones that have the eye on it that you don't want), then do another Planar Mapping over it, move the texture to the corner so the eye is out of view, and scale it up if needed.

10-27-2016, 07:00 PM
Find
Verkehr Offline

(10-27-2016, 07:00 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Redundant means unnecessary. You can do fine without it. You could just look up the definition instead of waiting for my reply Wink

If you refer to my video, then just select the faces in the back (the ones that have the eye on it that you don't want), then do another Planar Mapping over it, move the texture to the corner so the eye is out of view, and scale it up if needed.

I did, but google translate is badly made, you know? XP Anyways, thanks for helping, I'll try it. Now some admin or mod or whatever could close the thread, my problem is solved.
And more bugs! Smile Now when I try to open my custom story, Amnesia crashes! What did I do wrong? The textures work, and I triangulated it...
10-27-2016, 07:09 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(10-27-2016, 08:33 PM)Capt Crit Wrote: And more bugs! Smile Now when I try to open my custom story, Amnesia crashes! What did I do wrong? The textures work, and I triangulated it...

Whenever Amnesia runs, it creates a hpl.log file in Documents/Amnesia/Main

That's your go-to if there's something causing problems and you're unsure what. If you need help understanding it, just post its contents here.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-27-2016, 10:31 PM
Find