Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Take a stand, Frictional
strunz Offline

Threads: 1
Take a stand, Frictional

So, will there be a retail version or not, guys?

December is ahead! Need something physical to wrap up for under the christmas tree. Little bro wanted Mario Kart Wii from me. So Amnesia will do. Life is not driving go kart between a mushroom with a face and some retarded dinosaur. As we all know life is waking up in an old Prussian castle with no memory and fleeing from hordes of zombies, and the sooner he swallows that, the better for him. He is almost nine now, high time to get mature for this little stinker.

Uuuahahahahaaaa!!!!
11-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Take a stand, Frictional

Purchase the game, burn it to a disc, get a blank case, photoshop a good cover for it, print it out and put it in the case.

Wrap.

Enjoy. :]

I did that for Minecraft a few months ago (old comp so I don't have the png cover saved anymore) and it's sitting on my shelf now. Shouldn't be too hard!
11-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Find
bajatar Offline

Threads: 0

A USB-stick might make for a better looking present than a burned CD. Put it in brain-shape jelly or something spooky Big Grin
11-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

You could also just have a card printed with the frictional credentials to download the game, put it in an envelope so it looks like you got lazy and got a gift card, but no, it's so much better/worse.
11-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Find
strunz Offline

Threads: 1

Dodgy

download and burn... next time my momma wants a chocolate pudding I'll just poop on her plate.

The whole matter is still up in the air. The last posts on this subject were, well maybe, maybe not style, nothing decisive. I would download it if I knew this is the final state of play. So I'll keep on waiting.
11-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4

First of all, you're pure evil if you make a kid play Amnesia Smile (I'm actually thinking of gifting it to my friend who thinks that The Passion of the Christ and Bioshock are scary Big Grin)

Secondly, as much as I'd love a hard copy (day 1 buy for me) you have to consider FG's position, making boxes and cds is very expensive and could actually cost them money seeing as so many people have already bought the game.

However, keep buying Frictional's games and I'm sure, once they become a bit more successful, that we'll have a "Frictional Boxset" featuring the 3 Penumbra games, Amnesia and the game they're working on at the moment (which, just between us, my 6th sense is telling me will be awesome).
11-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(11-05-2010, 05:34 PM)strunz Wrote: I would download it if I knew this is the final state of play. So I'll keep on waiting.

What do you mean? The game is playable as is just fine. I guess you just mean you're not sure about giving Amnesia to a small child as a gag. I guess that is something worth re-thinking.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2010, 08:05 PM by hollowleviathan.)
11-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

Okay, now I am gonna make an amnesia disk just cause i want it! Tongue
11-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Website Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

Producing individual boxes and cds is not the way forwards when you can distribute online.

As was mentioned it would have to be a special edition or box set to be justified.
11-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I'm waiting for a retail version too.
Frictional, please release it in a box and let us buy it on amazon.
Why the long waiting?
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010, 11:08 PM by Googolplex.)
11-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Find