Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia dream/nightmare stories
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Amnesia dream/nightmare stories

(11-06-2010, 01:52 PM)Joseph Curwen Wrote: I had a dream about amnesia featuring the infected ones from black plague. But surprisingly they look very like the pale, childeating man in the movie pan's labyrinth. That was kind of confusing...

This makes me wonder who would win in a fight... Grunt, Brute, or Tuurngait?

I want to dream about it someday.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
11-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Website Find
martinstatic Offline

Threads: 0

During a big Amnesia binge (Playing nonstop for a few days)
I had one of those 'collage' dreams, with loads of different things all mixed into a messed up montage, and one of the things I remember well (I think I woke up around this point) was an Amnesia oil container spraying oil out and I was trying to catch it all in my hands...

The dream wasn't a scary one though, that was the only link it had to Amnesia Tongue

11-07-2010, 03:59 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

It's weird, I actually had a dream where I was IN the Amnesia game. That is, I was part of it, I was being chased by a grunt, but I knew it was only a game.

In fact, I was intentionally exploiting the simple AI in my dream. I remember running up a flight of stairs with the Grunt hauling ass behind me. I reached a balcony that ran along the staircase, so I merely waited for the Grunt to get close behind me before jumping over the railing, back on the stairs. The blood splat appeared in my vision at the impact, and my "screen" actually turned red from low health. Looking back up, I remember seeing the Grunt charging at me through the railing for a brief moment, and then it stopped moving, having lost its target.

God, is it really normal to metagame in a dream?
11-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Find
MikeLtv1 Offline

I only saw some people play this game, I haven't played this game except for the demo, but I had dream about penumbra overture/blackplague and Amnesia and some random video games. Well anyways, I was in a dungeon, and apparently there was a small river and some doors. I went through one of the doors and it was really dark except for one place where there was another doorway and a small hill in the middle of the room. Moments later, I see an Infected(Black Plague) come out and I hide behind the hill, trying not to look. It found me and I somehow ended up on a flight of stairs with a door. I went down the stairs and it looked exactly like the jail from Amnesia and I heard tons of growling and footsteps so I ran up the stairs to the door. The door is blocked by a gate and I shake it down but it wont open. Footsteps get closer and I did not look behind so I play dead. I get torn open and I then see a dog(overture) run up to me and bite my head off...weirdest nightmare ever.
11-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

One thing I find fascinating with dreams is how reasonable you, the dreamer, find the occurences of your subconscious fantasy, no matter how bizzare they truly are.

Have any of you ever, in your dreams, remembered something that happened a long time to you--something vivid, something believable, something that you think ACTUALLY happened to you--yet when you wake up and you have no idea where this memory came from?

It's fascinating to think about...either my subconscious is exhuming suppressed memories, or my brain is actually--to an extent--re-inventing my life, creating a brand new chronology for me.

Although I must say, I hate revisionist history....
11-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Find
Pandabro Offline

So I woke up in the Castle, and was like "Oh Shit" and I grabbed a light stand and started bashing out the window. Then I realized the monsters might hear the noise so I closed the door and blocked it with a barrel. Then I woke up. Kind of lame but I just KNEW I didn't want to be there!
11-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Find