Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Gent will stop mid path
Demonbrant Offline

Threads: 3
Gent will stop mid path

I had recently wanted a gent npc to follow a path, and it stops mid path. Then at a certain point it just disappears. I really need help with this or else i cant have random people in the streets just walking past. I also get the sanity effect from looking at them when i disabled sanity. How can i disable this with the certain enemy?
12-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Gent will stop mid path

Use either of these. The first should disable everything, and the latter will disable it for a single enemy (the gent).

PHP Code: (Select All)
SetSanityDrainDisabled(bool abX);
SetEnemySanityDecreaseActive(string &in asNamebool abX); 

For the former problem (disappearing suddenly). If the player is too far away, or an enemy has hit its last pathnode and the player is not looking, they automatically disappear. You can change these settings in the Model Editor in the User Defined Variables for the gent model. I'm pretty certain they're right down the bottom; increase the max distance and there's a checkbox option for disappearing at the pathnode end if I recall.

Make sure also to disable the triggers for the gent. Otherwise, if it sees the player, it will go into Hunt mode, but will just be idle.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-08-2016, 03:17 AM
Find
Demonbrant Offline

Threads: 3

(12-08-2016, 03:17 AM)Romulator Wrote: Use either of these. The first should disable everything, and the latter will disable it for a single enemy (the gent).

PHP Code: (Select All)
SetSanityDrainDisabled(bool abX);
SetEnemySanityDecreaseActive(string &in asNamebool abX); 

For the former problem (disappearing suddenly). If the player is too far away, or an enemy has hit its last pathnode and the player is not looking, they automatically disappear. You can change these settings in the Model Editor in the User Defined Variables for the gent model. I'm pretty certain they're right down the bottom; increase the max distance and there's a checkbox option for disappearing at the pathnode end if I recall.

Make sure also to disable the triggers for the gent. Otherwise, if it sees the player, it will go into Hunt mode, but will just be idle.

Thank you, this works! Smile
12-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Glad to help Smile Best of luck with the mod!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Find