Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent
zionifl Offline

Threads: 10
Lightbulb  New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent

Hello!

This topic is to talk about a new project that, i don't know if anyone is already working on it, or it has already been made but, this project is an revival of the Alpha version of Amnesia, A.K.A., the UNKNOWN game.

This project is called Amnesia: The UNKNOWN Descent Project. It involves reviving all of the unused stuff from Amnesia and bring new stuff to it, like the unused concept of the hidden statues that the player should look for. Right now, the project should be on 65% - 75% done. I already made 2 videos on my channel on YouTube showing the project and its status. One is an normal demonstration video (this one though has no in-game audio, instead some edition audio i put) and the other one is an demonstration of the Tuurngait Infected (this one is laggy though), that before was only to test the sanity drain concept. Here are the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMjwvaxPSNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41XnMx_esXk

Bonus: There will be 2 secret items. Pickable Pig Masks (Thanks to Kiraimmortal) and Pickable Golden Arabic Statues A.K.A. Stephano Statues (Made by me). The Pig Masks worth 50 Coins and Stephano Statues worth 100 Coins. Coins are useless as far as i known, but you can try and find all of the coins in the game and then see on your save file how much you collected!

Credits goes to Death Gods Only Eat Apples (Umbakarna and KiraImmortal) for some models on the project.

Credits goes to the person that made the moveable candlestick. (sorry, i don't remember his/her name) It will be used as an temporary light source in the Rainy Hall.

Credits to KiraImmortal for the Modified entities, like the pickable wine.

Additional Credits:
Traggey (Snowpile) NOT IN USE
Skashi (Lotus base)
CGTextures (Sand texture) NOT IN USE
DonProtz (painting frame) NOT IN USE
JohnnyAnomaly (aztecbase floor) NOT IN USE
UraKozachok (Bench Swan MODIFIED) NOT IN USE
Traggey (Cigarettes Model, KiraImmortal for the entity) NOT IN USE
Kiraimmortal (Silent Enemies) IN USE, WILL APPEAR AT THE ORB CHAMBER
DnALANGE (Retextured Gas Lamp from AMFP) NOT IN USE

Thanks for reading this and wait for more updates!
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2017, 05:15 PM by zionifl.)
02-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Find
zionifl Offline

Information  Developement Updates!

Hi! I got news for you! Smile

First of all, the project maybe is 80-89% completed! Maybe soon, it will have an release date!

Other thing is that the previous Infected entity that i was using (Plutomaniac's Infected) got corrupted and it crashes my game, so i am now using the Penumbra - Necrologue Infected, the normal one and the Mine one. (sorry if i did not asked for permission).

Other thing is an glitch. In one of the Prison Areas (North Prison Area) either the Normal Infected or the Mine Infected, or even both, can get its model glitched. You can find the video of this glitch at my channel:

So that is it! Keep aware for more updates!
02-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent

3 fps + comic sans.

Might want to do something about that! Wink
02-21-2017, 03:12 AM
Find
zionifl Offline

The PC i'm using is not very good (AMD Athlon 64 Processor TF-20 1.6 GHz), it runs Amnesia at 10-15 FPS. When recording, is really slow. 3-5 FPS. Penumbra is the oposite, it runs at 20-30 FPS almost all time. When recording it, it runs at 10-15 FPS. Big GrinBig Grin
02-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Find
zionifl Offline

Hello there!

I think the project is almost done (89-95%), i just need to add some items at some maps and add some more QUEST ADDED messages.

The news are that i managed to bring back an unused area in the Wine Cellar, you can reach it through an ladder in the room where rocks falls in the door.

Here are the screenshots of that area:

[Image: NuQh12I.jpg]

[Image: 3EkV6vv.jpg]

P.S.: The Amnesia developers removed that ladder and area because the "crouch in ladders" feature was removed from the game, but you can still reach that area! You just need to:
Go up the entire ladder until you can't go any futher, then move your vision to an are you can reach and them quickly jump-crouch (Spacebar + Ctrl) while moving foward. It can take a few tries, but that area IS reachable!

Other stuff are:

Added more places where the Wine item can be found (Wine Cellar is one of them, but don't worry, it's not poisoned)

More QUEST ADDED and QUEST COMPLETED messages

The lantern model and Daniel's arm are removed/hidden. But the light is still visible. Also i changed the light color to an version more similar to the Early Alpha footage. It also has the same OFF sound (I took the audio from the footage since i could not find it anywhere. If you can, you can find it to me! See the footage and try to find an audio similar to it!)

The happy music when revealing the secret room at the Archives and when completing the Acid in the Laboratory are removed as acording to the Early Footage.

Herbert's Lost Diary is back! I also have an ideia of making an Super Secret folder. I have some videos and screenshots that i still not uploaded and may not upload either! Maybe i can put them in that folder. The password can be found on the 3 of Herbert's Diaries. Don't worry, they can be found easily, for now...

Now you reach the Entrance Hall from the Rainy Hall! Now you must reach the New Archives from the Old Archives. But don't worry, you don't need to pass through the Old Archives to return to the Entrance Hall.

An know ISSUE/GLITCH! Read please!
When returning to the Entrance Hall from either the Old Archives or the New Archives, both the Entrance Hall AND the Laboratory resets. The same items and events are reseted completely. I don't know if it is just to me. If that happens to you please, report it to me.

Also i want to say an interesting fact about this project: It is being made by ONLY ONE PERSON! Yes, and that is me. I searched for the entities and models, i made the maps, i edited some files, i did EVERYTHING. Also, this project will NOT bring back all of the Alpha of the game. This is for an ENTIRE Team.

And thats it! Keep aware for more updates and an possible release date!

EDIT 1: Added more information

EDIT 2: Fixed an small mispell. I said SECRED instead of SECRET XD
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2017, 11:28 PM by zionifl.)
02-21-2017, 11:08 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

You're posting updates as if it's already released or available for beta testing. Is there a download anywhere?

02-22-2017, 12:53 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(02-21-2017, 11:08 PM)DanielMandus123 Wrote: An know ISSUE/GLITCH! Read please!
When returning to the Entrance Hall from either the Old Archives or the New Archives, both the Entrance Hall AND the Laboratory resets. The same items and events are reseted completely. I don't know if it is just to me. If that happens to you please, report it to me.

No, that's normal unless you keep track of specific entities via variables. It's not a bug, glitch or issue, but rather for optimization, since Amnesia does not keep track of every change in map. Using Variables, there are some you can keep track of, but it's rather ideal to leave it be. You can also use FullGameSave in the Level Editor to determine what entities should remember their state when leaving a level, but do not use this on too many entities.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-22-2017, 08:12 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

It sounds like he means the events happen again when re-entering, which generally shouldn't happen if the callbacks are set up correctly. Might be that they are added in OnEnter instead of OnStart though.

02-22-2017, 08:36 AM
Find
zionifl Offline

Wink  RE: New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent

(02-22-2017, 08:12 AM)Romulator Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 11:08 PM)DanielMandus123 Wrote: An know ISSUE/GLITCH! Read please!

No, that's normal unless you keep track of specific entities via variables. It's not a bug, glitch or issue, but rather for optimization, since Amnesia does not keep track of every change in map. Using Variables, there are some you can keep track of, but it's rather ideal to leave it be. You can also use FullGameSave in the Level Editor to determine what entities should remember their state when leaving a level, but do not use this on too many entities.

Thanks for explaining this! Also, i have been thinking on that project for like 1 or 2 years and i'm only making this now. When i complete it, i will play the entire game to see if there is any issue. Thanks for the advice. Smile

Also, here is an video detailing this "normal issue". Watch the whole video, and in the end, you will see what i mean.

Sorry for the information at the top corner. I forgot to deactivate them.

(02-22-2017, 12:53 AM)Mudbill Wrote: You're posting updates as if it's already released or available for beta testing. Is there a download anywhere?

No, i'm posting those to show people the status of the project so they know what i will include on the final game.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017, 10:53 PM by zionifl.)
02-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

I actually kinda like the overall idea behind this, though I'd also add something for the coins so that they wouldn't be pointless to collect. In the original game, they planned to have chests scattered across the levels that'd be only openable if the player has a certain amount of coins. You can still get this mechanic to work - I believe I have those bonus chest entities, so if you'd like to use them, contact me.

Although I do agree with the previous posters - you might want to upgrade your rig or at least run the game in a lesser resolution. It is truly painful to watch those videos in like 5 frames per second.
02-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Find