Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penumbra Grab Icon
zionifl Offline

Threads: 10
Penumbra Grab Icon

Hi, if you had seen my previous posts here at the forum you might know who i am. My name is DanielMandus123 (The guy that asks for help to everything Big Grin. Don't judge me, i'm new at the forum), and now i decided to make something productive here at the forum. I'm not sure if anyone else has already made this before, but i'm making this so that people doesn't dig the entire internet and find nothing and/or give up. This is an thread showing how to add the grab icon from Penumbra (Necrologue) into Amnesia. I had to dig Penumbra - Necrologue to find out how this worked, so give the credits to the creators of Necrologue.

To begin, you must have the following:

Amnesia 1.3 (Maybe...)

An player_crosshair_grabed.tga file on redist\graphics\hud (if you have Steam, Steam\steamapps\common\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\graphics\hud), you must pick this icon from Penumbra and convert it into an .tga file. If you have Necrologue, simply go to Necrologue_eng/rus, then go to graphics\hud and pick the player_crosshair_grabed.tga from there and put on redist\graphics\hud (if you have Steam, Steam\steamapps\common\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\graphics\hud).

After that, go to the misc folder and open main_sanity_events.cfg. you will paste the following:

<SoundStream
Name = "grab"
Set = "crosshair"
MaxSanity = "100"

File = ""
Volume = "0"
SoundDelayTime = "999999999"

FadeScreen = "true"
FadeColor = "1 1 1 1"
FadeInTime = "0.001"
FadeOutTime = "0.001"

FadeImageFile = "player_crosshair_grabed.tga"
DisablePlayer = "false"
/>

After that, open an .hps file from a map you want the icon applyed (Example: Debugger.hps, my debug/test map) and paste the following:

PHP Code: (Select All)
void GrabHand(string &in asEntity)
{
       if (
GetPropIsInteractedWith(asEntity) == true){

StartInsanityEvent("grab");
   }

AddTimer(asEntity0.01,"GrabCheck");
}
void GrabCheck(string &in asTimer)
{

AddTimer(asTimer0.01,"grabcheck");
    if (
GetPropIsInteractedWith(asTimer) == false){

StopCurrentInsanityEvent();

RemoveTimer(asTimer);
}

Then, open the map (Example: Debugger.map) and in every entity you can grab, put GrabHand in the PlayerInteractCallback of the entity. Yes, you're not hearing wrong. In every entity you can grab you MUST put GrabHand on the PlayerInteractCallback in order that the effect can happen! I know, it will take minutes/hours if it is an big map, but it is worth the trouble if you want this effect. I do not think it is a good ideia to put this on doors and slides because it does not works like in Penumbra, the icon does not goes with the door/slide, it is an static icon.

Thanks for reading this. It took quite a lot of time to figure out how this worked. I really had to dig around Penumbra - Necrologue to find out how this worked and i'm glad i figured it out. I hope you enjoy this new icon! Big GrinBig Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2017, 03:10 AM by zionifl.)
04-16-2017, 06:29 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Penumbra Grab Icon

I suggest you format the script in your post to make it easier to read. To do that, just write it in between php tags:

[php]void ScriptHere()[/php]

will look like:

void ScriptHere() 

You can also use [h1] tags to make headlines with higher numbers to make smaller headlines Smile

Other than that, it's good to see people figure out the more underground things of Amnesia modding Tongue

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2017, 11:06 PM by Mudbill.)
04-17-2017, 11:05 PM
Find
zionifl Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Penumbra Grab Icon

(04-17-2017, 11:05 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I suggest you format the script in your post to make it easier to read. To do that, just write it in between php tags:

[php]void ScriptHere()[/php]

will look like:

void ScriptHere() 

You can also use [h1] tags to make headlines with higher numbers to make smaller headlines Smile

Other than that, it's good to see people figure out the more underground things of Amnesia modding Tongue

Thanks Mudbill!

EDIT: For some reason, the icon stopped working for me i don't know why. If it works on your game reply, ok?
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2017, 02:41 PM by zionifl.)
04-18-2017, 03:12 AM
Find