Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with script not updating.
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71
Question  Problem with script not updating.

Hello!

I'm starting to get an understanding of the new script system, but I'm currently having another problem. Whenever I make changes to a script I have to restart Soma in order for it to register the change. I seem to remember having this problem back in 2012 with Amnesia, but I cant remember what I did in order to fix it. Has anyone else encountered this and if so is there any known solution?

Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2018, 08:11 PM by Henriksen.)
10-25-2018, 08:11 PM
Find
MapleLeaf Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Problem with script not updating.

I'm assuming you're not using the SomaDev.bat since you have to restart SOMA to register the changes.

It's located within the same folder of the level editor, use that instead of the regular game launcher as that will save you a lot of time. It will launch the original SOMA game but no worries, you only need to press F1 to reveal the sidebar, find the "Load Map" button, then navigate the folders for your map and load it up.

From here you can literally just ALT+TAB out of the game and straight making changes to both level editing and scripting without the need to restart the game. Just press the "Reload Game" button or F5 for shortcut to register the changes you made. Most of the sidebar (F1) things are self-explanatory so you could figure out the problems.

Also, delete the .cache files, sometimes this helps.
10-31-2018, 01:59 PM
Find
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71
RE: Problem with script not updating.

(10-31-2018, 01:59 PM)MapleLeaf Wrote: I'm assuming you're not using the SomaDev.bat since you have to restart SOMA to register the changes.

It's located within the same folder of the level editor, use that instead of the regular game launcher as that will save you a lot of time. It will launch the original SOMA game but no worries, you only need to press F1 to reveal the sidebar, find the "Load Map" button, then navigate the folders for your map and load it up.

From here you can literally just ALT+TAB out of the game and straight making changes to both level editing and scripting without the need to restart the game. Just press the "Reload Game" button or F5 for shortcut to register the changes you made. Most of the sidebar (F1) things are self-explanatory so you could figure out the problems.

Also, delete the .cache files, sometimes this helps.

Thank you friend. Using the SomaDev.bat fixed the issue. Thanks again!
11-01-2018, 04:39 PM
Find