Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What do you think of this?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Interested
66.67%
2 66.67%
Not interested
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Idea For a Custom Story
Insensitive Offline

Threads: 1
My Idea For a Custom Story

So, this is my first post in here. I've thought an idea that seems good in my mind but I'm simply not enough to make it happen, so I decided to ask for your opinion in this matter.

I thought this a few nights back, so it can be modified to anything. Anyway, I've been thinking that an outside world would be a good new experience in Amnesia tDD. To put my mind into words is hard but I'll try:

There would be a shack in middle of a forest (like Brennenburg or the real one that's called Brannenburg) and the trees of the forest would surround you anywhere. You hunt the food and survive on your own -Policy. But one night you notice that something is not right. There is something else in the woods besides normal animals. They surround you. You run to your shack (/this would be a blackout -> road -> blackout -> road -> blackout -> shack -> inside the shack *door closing*). Then there could be a timer or just exploring a way out of your shack in the meaning of secret passages or such. That's my idea for now.
If you're interested, please, consider to make this with the level editor. For anyone, not just me. I never got into the world of scripts and models, and if I started now, it would take a very long time to be even in alpha stage. If, just if you are looking for an idea, let's make this one a big one.

You can discuss this thread with me in here or, and it's not a problem if you don't trust me, you can add me on Skype, or Windows live messenger, and my e-mail is revealed to anyone who really wants to discuss this.

Sincerely, me, an Amnesia fan(+Penumbra(s)).
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2010, 04:49 PM by Insensitive.)
11-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Find
PvtLastClass Offline

RE: My Idea For a Custom Story

That series of blackouts seems like quite a lot of forced-control on the player. Amnesia tries to stray away from those except for certain instances where a travelling sequence isn't especially important. On the other hand, it would be pretty plausible to do something to force the player's consciousness to think "RUN LIKE HELL".

The other problem might be materials. Amnesia did have a short village sequence, but it doesn't have a lot of assets available for outdoor segments. If you're thinking of adding things like shrubs, weeds, roads and ponds to make the woods seem a little more lively, that could make it worth it.

Generally though, not many people create an entire level just off someone's suggestion (unfortunately, ideas are pretty cheap in comparison to the effort it takes to put it in motion). Just a heads-up.
11-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Find
Insensitive Offline

RE: My Idea For a Custom Story

(11-27-2010, 05:09 PM)PvtLastClass Wrote: That series of blackouts seems like quite a lot of forced-control on the player. Amnesia tries to stray away from those except for certain instances where a travelling sequence isn't especially important. On the other hand, it would be pretty plausible to do something to force the player's consciousness to think "RUN LIKE HELL".

The other problem might be materials. Amnesia did have a short village sequence, but it doesn't have a lot of assets available for outdoor segments. If you're thinking of adding things like shrubs, weeds, roads and ponds to make the woods seem a little more lively, that could make it worth it.

Generally though, not many people create an entire level just off someone's suggestion (unfortunately, ideas are pretty cheap in comparison to the effort it takes to put it in motion). Just a heads-up.

Thank you very much for the first reply. And yeah, I was prepared for that ideas thing critic. I know, and 'tis frustrating.. I only have ideas to share. But that adding weeds and such to the outside enviroment? hmm.. That would be a good idea. So you should be able to access outside the shack too? I thought that you run into there that would be a thing you could call something like an intro before you do anything significant yourself. But these are just my ideas, let more pour to this thread and then maybe, just maybe we'll get something out of this. Anyway, thanks.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2010, 06:30 PM by Insensitive.)
11-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Find