Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia + PS Move = Pure Win
yakuzakazuya Offline

Threads: 1
Amnesia + PS Move = Pure Win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yR5ozxw4E

Please take a look at the link above before reading my post. Smile

Frictional Games is well known for their physics based engine and using a 2D mouse to simulate 3D movements.

Obviously, the next logical step forward is to actually implement a 3D control. Enter the PS3 Move.

As the clip above shows, the MOVE has low latency and 1:1 tracking in 3D space.

Here is a clip showing solid 1:1 tracking using PS Move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15C8j6o9fKI

I don't think I need to explain myself further, those two clips say it better anyways Smile
11-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Amnesia + PS Move = Pure Win

No console for Amnesia.
If you want the next game to be on consoles, let the people know Penumbra & Amnesia and make them to purchase, maybe after than you console people can get next game on consoles.

11-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Website Find
yakuzakazuya Offline

Actually, game compilations are kind of common in PS3 land. I would pay $60 for an FG horror collection with move support.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2010, 01:58 PM by yakuzakazuya.)
11-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

They need resources to implement them for consoles. It's not that "let's release it for consoles, ta da!" easy. Development kits, agreements with Microsoft and Sony and lots of yadda yadda.

11-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Website Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(11-29-2010, 01:53 PM)yakuzakazuya Wrote: Actually, game compilations are kind of common in PS3 land. I would pay $60 for an FG horror collection with move support.

Me too, all the penumbra's and amnesia is well worth 60 pound in my opinion. Only thing im unsure about is how long it woudl take them to implement this into their games, and i doubt they woudl make enough profit from it to be worth while, unless they advertised it all well.

The guy above me is right, the tiem and cost of this will be too much, but i could imagine sony/microsoft lending them money/free equipment if they think it'll make good money.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2010, 02:54 PM by LoneWolf.)
11-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Find
yakuzakazuya Offline

If FG could pitch their ideas to Sony/Microsoft they may get financial support. Quantic Dreams did not sell enough copies of Indigo Prophecy to fund Heavy Rain by themselves, right?
11-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(11-29-2010, 06:36 PM)yakuzakazuya Wrote: If FG could pitch their ideas to Sony/Microsoft they may get financial support. Quantic Dreams did not sell enough copies of Indigo Prophecy to fund Heavy Rain by themselves, right?

Yeah you have a good point, it all depends on whether sony, microsoft, nintendo see a profit in it. If they dont then they must be blind, or atleast the majority of gamers must be either too scared or blind.

One of the best games i've played in the past couple of years by far. Most so called horror games lack things amnesia has.

1. No weapons (amnesia credits highly from this)
2. lack of light (who likes the darkness? certainly not me.)
3. Scarier noises and atmospheres than most horrors making you feel on edge and constantly panicking.
11-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Find