Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's play - Amnesia! - FINISHED
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Let's play - Amnesia! [Somewhat Blind]

Heh, you're very cautious Wink
12-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Find
alaskahorrorfan Offline

Threads: 1

(12-11-2010, 06:32 PM)SillySprites Wrote:
(12-11-2010, 05:15 AM)alaskahorrorfan Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 10:29 AM)SillySprites Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 05:51 AM)alaskahorrorfan Wrote: Finished game a while ago - I enjoy watching others take on it. Watched the 2 videos, please continue.

Third Video is up! aand..i kinda freak out in this video so! be ready! Big Grin

Entertaining! Keep up the good work.

Ty so much! next vid should be up in about 2 hours, (Unless I get another upload error,) Damn youtube!

Going to watch now. I went slower and just as freaked as u were...when i got to the prison section i had to stop for a few days.
Don't apologize for taking your time in the game, nor for your reactions.....it will take however long it does.

For an extremely minor tip, when i finished the game I had like 60+ lighters and I didn't feel like I skimpted on using them, so feel free to use them - esp in a safer area to stabilize your sanity.

Also, don't refill your lantern until you have to. There are oil-holders in the game (4th video you look at it but don't use it) that let you take their oil but you cannot take the canister with you, just fill up.

Take your time, and if in doubt run like crazy. Don't worry if it takes you a long time, it's the journey that matters in this Let's Play, it is not a speed run.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010, 01:25 AM by alaskahorrorfan.)
12-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Find
SillySprites Offline

Threads: 5

(12-12-2010, 01:04 AM)alaskahorrorfan Wrote:
(12-11-2010, 06:32 PM)SillySprites Wrote:
(12-11-2010, 05:15 AM)alaskahorrorfan Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 10:29 AM)SillySprites Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 05:51 AM)alaskahorrorfan Wrote: Finished game a while ago - I enjoy watching others take on it. Watched the 2 videos, please continue.

Third Video is up! aand..i kinda freak out in this video so! be ready! Big Grin

Entertaining! Keep up the good work.

Ty so much! next vid should be up in about 2 hours, (Unless I get another upload error,) Damn youtube!

Going to watch now. I went slower and just as freaked as u were...when i got to the prison section i had to stop for a few days.
Don't apologize for taking your time in the game, nor for your reactions.....it will take however long it does.

For an extremely minor tip, when i finished the game I had like 60+ lighters and I didn't feel like I skimpted on using them, so feel free to use them - esp in a safer area to stabilize your sanity.

Also, don't refill your lantern until you have to. There are oil-holders in the game (4th video you look at it but don't use it) that let you take their oil but you cannot take the canister with you, just fill up.

Take your time, and if in doubt run like crazy. Don't worry if it takes you a long time, it's the journey that matters in this Let's Play, it is not a speed run.

Oh? I missed an Oil thingy? DARNIT, oh well..Thank you ^_^ I only am going so fast because ive already played this part in the game, so I know where almost everything is, my progress might slow down later though when i reach the prison, Ive never began it.

About the tinderboxes: Im reaaally cautious about using these for two reasons, im afraid I might get to a place im too afraid to explore for them and I want to make sure I have some handy incase, and I rarely light up anyplaces because I want to make sure there's always a dark corner for me to hide just incase a monster shows up.

T-T im also really scared to film the archive tunnels and storage tonight.
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Find
alaskahorrorfan Offline

Threads: 1

(12-12-2010, 05:23 PM)SillySprites Wrote: Oh? I missed an Oil thingy? DARNIT, oh well..Thank you ^_^ I only am going so fast because ive already played this part in the game, so I know where almost everything is, my progress might slow down later though when i reach the prison, Ive never began it.

About the tinderboxes: Im reaaally cautious about using these for two reasons, im afraid I might get to a place im too afraid to explore for them and I want to make sure I have some handy incase, and I rarely light up anyplaces because I want to make sure there's always a dark corner for me to hide just incase a monster shows up.

T-T im also really scared to film the archive tunnels and storage tonight.

The oil thingy is in the wine cellar, so its at most a 30 sec walk from where you are.

I don't blame you about the tinderboxes (I was the same), but my advice is to not use it to up/calm your sanity. Find a place you can't really hide anyway (like a hallway) and use the tinderbox. The tinderboxes tend to be...well, everywhere; when you are looking for the items to continue the game you will find the tinderboxes anyway. Really, don't be afraid to use them.

Good luck!
12-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

Best thing to do is to keep a steady pace, that way you dont need to use up yoru tinderboxes to help your sanity, and never take out your lantern when a monsters nearby because then eh will see you.

Any way i crapped myself alot too Big Grin

EDIT: Also, you will absolutely love the prison ! also where did you get up to previously ?
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010, 09:00 PM by LoneWolf.)
12-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Find
SillySprites Offline

(12-12-2010, 08:58 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Best thing to do is to keep a steady pace, that way you dont need to use up yoru tinderboxes to help your sanity, and never take out your lantern when a monsters nearby because then eh will see you.

Any way i crapped myself alot too Big Grin

EDIT: Also, you will absolutely love the prison ! also where did you get up to previously ?

Ive only ever gotten up to the prison entrance, then i started a new file for my Let's play.
12-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

You scare very easily (more enjoyment for us). One thing to keep in mind: the first only real danger you have is the Kaernk (water monster). There are no dangers up until that point other than the shadow (tissue that grows everywhere)
12-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Find
SillySprites Offline

(12-12-2010, 11:19 PM)xiphirx Wrote: You scare very easily (more enjoyment for us). One thing to keep in mind: the first only real danger you have is the Kaernk (water monster). There are no dangers up until that point other than the shadow (tissue that grows everywhere)

Are you saying that all the monsters up untill now have been illusions??!!??!!?! OH MY GOD! Geezum crimany!!
12-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Yes. ;-) but you're at the end of monster free zone pretty much, so you shouldn't feel safer. Wonderful advice eh?
12-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Find
SillySprites Offline

(12-12-2010, 11:43 PM)xiphirx Wrote: Yes. ;-) but you're at the end of monster free zone pretty much, so you shouldn't feel safer. Wonderful advice eh?

OH!Geeeez, thanks ALOT SIR! THANKS!, :O oh geeeezuum! now im terrified 100x because now i KNOW if I hear a monster its real! OH GOD
12-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Find