Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.3.1 patch installing problem
rapoluxas Offline

Threads: 1
1.3.1 patch installing problem

Hi  Rolleyes

I'm new here guys I've just recently registered at this site so anyway I have a problem, when I installed 1.3.1 patch into D:/Program Files/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist and when I launched amnesia it said that some dll files are missing so I fixed this problem, I downloaded some dll files but later I decided to give up because there was actually a lot dll files missing so I dragged dll files from original amnesia's folder to updated amnesia's folder and then when I finished doing this and I launched the game it said that entry procedure could not found D:/Program Files/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/Amnesia.exe so please help me because I would really like the new version of amnesia because most of the custom stories crashes just because of an old version. By the way I gave up fixing this so I deleted the updated amnesia version and reinstalled original one and later I decided to look up for some solutions and registered at this site

So please help me if you don't understand anything so I'll try to explain as best as I can  Sad
10-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: 1.3.1 patch installing problem

Could you describe how you installed the patch? It should be rather straight forward, although since I have my copy through Steam, it has already done this for me.

10-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Find
rapoluxas Offline

(10-22-2019, 09:05 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Could you describe how you installed the patch? It should be rather straight forward, although since I have my copy through Steam, it has already done this for
I've installed it to D:/Program Files/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist (if you wonder why D disk it's because it is my hard drive, by the way I've installed it to redist folder because when you were helping that guy with the similar problem with dll files missing, I realized that you need to install to redist folder because in that folder there are the files of that game
Sorry for my bad english I hope you understand
And yeah I'm a non steam gamer so that sucks  Undecided if you meant differently by describing installation so ask me, as I said earlier that I'll try to explain as best as I can
10-23-2019, 07:14 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Hmm, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Maybe I can ask someone else who has a retail copy to take a look.

10-23-2019, 07:37 PM
Find
rapoluxas Offline

(10-23-2019, 07:37 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Hmm, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Maybe I can ask someone else who has a retail copy to take a look.

Take your time I can wait    Big Grin
10-24-2019, 07:22 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Hey there!

Quote: I dragged dll files from original amnesia's folder to updated amnesia's folder
This part here concerns me a bit! You should install the updated Amnesia 1.3.1 files in the same location as your old version, and it will take care of the rest. You have an error which said this:

D:/Program Files/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/Amnesia.exe

It shouldn't have that second "Amnesia - The Dark Descent" folder! All of the files and things are already in the redist folder. Big Grin

You may need to do a full reinstall of the original game, but while you are reinstalling it (you seem to have a retail copy), you should have an option to select what directory to install to in the installer. Copy the directory path you are installing to (and you can paste that in a text editor if you need to), and then when installing the 1.3.1 update, make sure both the path in the 1.3.1 installer and the one you copied are the same. Then everything should be okay.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2019, 01:56 PM by Romulator.)
10-24-2019, 01:53 PM
Find
rapoluxas Offline

(10-24-2019, 01:53 PM)Romulator Wrote: Hey there!

Quote: I dragged dll files from original amnesia's folder to updated amnesia's folder
This part here concerns me a bit! You should install the updated Amnesia 1.3.1 files in the same location as your old version, and it will take care of the rest. You have an error which said this:

D:/Program Files/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/Amnesia.exe

It shouldn't have that second "Amnesia - The Dark Descent" folder! All of the files and things are already in the redist folder. Big Grin

You may need to do a full reinstall of the original game, but while you are reinstalling it (you seem to have a retail copy), you should have an option to select what directory to install to in the installer. Copy the directory path you are installing to (and you can paste that in a text editor if you need to), and then when installing the 1.3.1 update, make sure both the path in the 1.3.1 installer and the one you copied are the same. Then everything should be okay.

Hi  Big Grin

Okay I'll try it. Thanks for replying!
10-27-2019, 12:12 PM
Find
rapoluxas Offline

(10-24-2019, 01:53 PM)Romulator Wrote: Hey there!

Man you are genius!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!  Heart Heart
10-27-2019, 01:03 PM
Find