Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

About Registering on these forums
genoism Offline

Threads: 1
About Registering on these forums

I must say, I am no computer and I AM color blind but even with those confirmation codes that my eyes could see...it took me like 8 tries to correctly type it in. I see just fine and i wrote it in with case sensitive letters/numbers but jeez i never seen worse confirmation images then this....I hope you guys change it. Half those things I can't see and the other half I can hardly make out.

Anyways, just dropped in to say good luck on the sales, I wish you the best and hope u really break in there.
03-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Find
neilsouth Offline

Threads: 2
RE: About Registering on these forums

I'm agreeing on this one it took me 6 refreshes to find a code i could actually read to sign up... and im not colour blind Big Grin

They will sell well with this game i just hope they get the demo crash fix exe out or people will be put off by a crash Sad
03-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

The code is there to stop bots from spamming the forums with new accounts, which (I believe this is true) can cause the server to go offline, allowing hackers to get into it easier or something.

But the mods should have some sort of system for the mods, maybe people who are color blind send a pm without an account to them, and they'll make it for you.
Than again, they would get 'I NEED HELP CHOOSING A COOL NAME' or random spam.

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
03-08-2007, 01:55 AM
Website Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Never seen the reg code myself, but I will tell Jens who is deals all web related stuff to check it out. I know I have come across some reg codes that have been pretty brutal.

And as for the demo crash: We will upload a proper "English" version of the demo shortly, the one released is a German version of the demo that ..ehm... happened to have English in it aswell Smile In any case the new English version will have an updated exe so it should be stable. The crash in the snow level is the only crash reported so hopefully all should be well now Smile
03-08-2007, 05:19 AM
Find
neilsouth Offline

Threads: 2

gamgam2 Wrote:The code is there to stop bots from spamming the forums with new accounts, which (I believe this is true) can cause the server to go offline, allowing hackers to get into it easier or something.

Bud i know what its there for , the problem is its not very helpful to people who want to sign up... If it took 6 times for me to understand the code and more for someone else they might give up on it and not want to post.

Just make the code easier on the eye Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2007, 01:46 PM by MrCoffee5.)
03-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Find
Korinu Offline

Threads: 1

Aye, the code is really hard to read. Took me at least 5 times to get a readable code.
("light pink" letters on "light pink" and white background)
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Ah thanks for the heads up! It should not look like that, I'm amazed that you have managed to register...

Looking into and will fix so that the text and image is displayed correctly
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Website Find