Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with LANG files.
DaedinXZ Offline

Threads: 1
Trouble with LANG files.

So after following all of the tutorials, and even directly copying other peoples LANG files, using the HplLangTool, and testing different things for almost 2 days, I have come to the conclusion that my game will simply not read my .LANG file, for whatever reason.

I'm trying to add a simple note, and it is the first note of my map.
<LANGUAGE>
  <CATEGORY Name="Warden's Logs">
    <Entry Name="Description">The recorded logs of the prison warden
    </Entry>
  </CATEGORY>
  <CATEGORY Name="Journal">
    <Entry Name="Note_WardensLog12_Name">Warden's Log: Day 12
    </Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_WardensLog12_Text">It's been nearly two weeks since...
    </Entry>
  </CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

Now, the Text entry is curtailed because I was just testing it before writing the entire note, but either way, it does not work. The directory of my .map file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\maps\The Cave-In\Maps\The Cave-In.map"

My .LANG file is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\maps\The Cave-In"

The second Maps folder within the original "The Cave-In" folder is to organize all my different maps within the actual game itself.

The entity I have used is "note_paper01", and I renamed it "Note_WardensLog12", and in the NoteText box I have written "WardensLog12"

Lastly, the name of my LANG file itself is simply "extra_english".

I have tried to provide all the information necessary, and I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

Regards,
DaedinXZ
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2010, 08:51 AM by DaedinXZ.)
12-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Trouble with LANG files.

(12-29-2010, 08:50 AM)DaedinXZ Wrote: So after following all of the tutorials, and even directly copying other peoples LANG files, using the HplLangTool, and testing different things for almost 2 days, I have come to the conclusion that my game will simply not read my .LANG file, for whatever reason.

I'm trying to add a simple note, and it is the first note of my map.
<LANGUAGE>
  <CATEGORY Name="Warden's Logs">
    <Entry Name="Description">The recorded logs of the prison warden
    </Entry>
  </CATEGORY>
  <CATEGORY Name="Journal">
    <Entry Name="Note_WardensLog12_Name">Warden's Log: Day 12
    </Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_WardensLog12_Text">It's been nearly two weeks since...
    </Entry>
  </CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

Now, the Text entry is curtailed because I was just testing it before writing the entire note, but either way, it does not work. The directory of my .map file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\maps\The Cave-In\Maps\The Cave-In.map"

My .LANG file is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\maps\The Cave-In"

The second Maps folder within the original "The Cave-In" folder is to organize all my different maps within the actual game itself.

The entity I have used is "note_paper01", and I renamed it "Note_WardensLog12", and in the NoteText box I have written "WardensLog12"

Lastly, the name of my LANG file itself is simply "extra_english".

I have tried to provide all the information necessary, and I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

Regards,
DaedinXZ

(C:/Program Files/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/"Your story"/extra_english.lang not inside the maps look at my files:
.jpg   Files.jpg (Size: 162.86 KB / Downloads: 123)

I think thats the problem why its not working. Try it.

It that doesnt work: Try this: check this: Press ALT then -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View then unmark this " Hide extensions for known filetypes"

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2010, 09:03 AM by HumiliatioN.)
12-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Find
DaedinXZ Offline

Threads: 1

Oh my god...I just realized it wasn't working because my entire custom map was in my "maps" folder and not in my "custom_stories" folder. Your screenshot showed me the path of your map, and I have set mine up accordingly and it worked, thank you so much!

I have been frustrated with this for awhile, and now it's finally fixed Big Grin

Again, thank you very much!
12-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(12-29-2010, 09:10 AM)DaedinXZ Wrote: Oh my god...I just realized it wasn't working because my entire custom map was in my "maps" folder and not in my "custom_stories" folder. Your screenshot showed me the path of your map, and I have set mine up accordingly and it worked, thank you so much!

I have been frustrated with this for awhile, and now it's finally fixed Big Grin

Again, thank you very much!

No problem Smile Glad to hear its working now happy holidays dude! Tongue

PS: Check my map Tongue

“Life is a game, play it”
12-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Find