Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

We will see a new game soon?
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: We will see a new game soon?

Don't stress about it. I'm sure it'll be snazzy, whatever they choose to do.
01-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

OK, Requiem was not a real horror game too and it was good to find out difficult puzzles.
But story must be great and game should not have science fiction effects.
Amnesia had such effects too in the end. Should not be.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011, 09:04 PM by Googolplex.)
01-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26

(01-06-2011, 09:04 PM)Googolplex Wrote: OK, Requiem was not a real horror game too and it was good to find out difficult puzzles.
But story must be great and game should not have science fiction effects.
Amnesia had such effects too in the end. Should not be.

amnesia SF effects in the end are not so strange because of the "black magic" power of alexander,

and I found it was very well done with the story (exept the part with the electric field, seriously... ! ^^)

but in penumbra requiem... it sounds just bad... It could have been great, but outside of the penumbra storyline

Well, I will not blame FG about this, hard to start a indie company ^^
01-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Find
b0bbe Offline

Threads: 1

Well I really hope the do make new horror games. I love them and I'm playing them over again. So just to repeat what many others already have said. It would be a shame and bad if they DON'T continue to make horror games. I can't see a good reason not to. If you are good at something then stick to it. Smile

It would be cool if the somehow made a game that maybe mentions the events from the storyline of Amnesia but other than that, I can't see another game about that story.

THE GAMES ROCK AND I WANT MOORE! Cool
01-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26

(01-07-2011, 08:48 PM)b0bbe Wrote: Well I really hope the do make new horror games. I love them and I'm playing them over again. So just to repeat what many others already have said. It would be a shame and bad if they DON'T continue to make horror games. I can't see a good reason not to. If you are good at something then stick to it. Smile

It would be cool if the somehow made a game that maybe mentions the events from the storyline of Amnesia but other than that, I can't see another game about that story.

dont worry, it will have horror elements too.
Thomas didnt say it will not be an horror game, but not be a game only about horror, its different Wink
01-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Find
Smith14 Offline

Threads: 3

I REALLY hope they stick to horror (not just for my personal entertainment, but for their own well being as a company). When you have something good going for you like Amnesia, there is no reason to go into flight simulators or secret agents. I think great and unique horrors games like Amnesia are truly the future of the horror genre in gaming. This really needs to be capitalized, and explored further in upcoming titles. The financial success they are making should be an indication that they are on to something here Smile
01-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Then again, creative stagnation due to getting too comfortable in your field is something to be avoided. There are examples of both situations - the creators of the esteemable Hitman series making the regrettable Kane and Lynch shite, and the Sonic Team clearly running out of ideas trying to do the same thing over and over.
01-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Find
b0bbe Offline

Threads: 1

(01-07-2011, 09:32 PM)Deu sex Wrote:
(01-07-2011, 08:48 PM)b0bbe Wrote: Well I really hope the do make new horror games. I love them and I'm playing them over again. So just to repeat what many others already have said. It would be a shame and bad if they DON'T continue to make horror games. I can't see a good reason not to. If you are good at something then stick to it. Smile

dont worry, it will have horror elements too.
Thomas didnt say it will not be an horror game, but not be a game only about horror, its different Wink

I wonder what they could do besides horror games with that type of game play... IF they use the same game play as they did with Penumbra and Amnesia. Well, I'm up for anything these guys throw at me. Smile
01-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

Hey Guys,,,

i thinks idea about Amnesia 2 - it"s NONSENSE!Exclamation

because there " are many Singleplayer mods|maps, which give the game a second life and are practically new parts gameSmile

look here
Custom Stories & Modifications / Showcase

so, it should be a completely different name and a new game

that"s my IMHO.
01-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Find
Smith14 Offline

Threads: 3

(01-08-2011, 05:34 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Then again, creative stagnation due to getting too comfortable in your field is something to be avoided. There are examples of both situations - the creators of the esteemable Hitman series making the regrettable Kane and Lynch shite, and the Sonic Team clearly running out of ideas trying to do the same thing over and over.

Frictional is far from being stagnant, they are just getting on their feet as a well-known indie company. Sonic has been around for two decades, and never really brought anything too new to the platforming genre (other than speed Smile). Amnesia came out less than half a year ago and I think most people finished the game wanting more.

If nintendo stopped the zelda franchise in '87 (another very orignal game for it's time) there wouldn't of been one of the greatest adventure game of all time (Ocarina of Time) along with all of the other copycats out there reproducing many of zelda's elements, essentially setting the new standard for all console adventure games.

I think the same can be done for Amnesia! A direct sequel is obviously not necessary plotwise. But that enthralling game play can easily be reapplied and evolve with a few more neat tricks and elements!
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2011, 08:14 PM by Smith14.)
01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Find