Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Problems
Cataclysm Offline

Threads: 3
Custom Story Problems

Hey I'm trying to get a test map working right now and I've got problems. I've finished making the map, and I've saved it into a sub folder named "Maps" in the custom stories folder. Yet i can't see the file and there are no files visible in folder. When i check in game it says the file doesn't exist. I have a script box in the map for a starting point and everything, but im not to sure as far as the scripting goes if it is important to simply starting the map. But even if it was important to starting the map, my game cant find the file anyway...

Please help, I have the non-steam version of the game if that helps
Thank you

If guns don't kill people, People kill people. Then toasters don't toast toast, Toast toast toast

[Image: 2b5wu9.png]

01-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Custom Story Problems

(01-05-2011, 11:06 PM)Cataclysm Wrote: Hey I'm trying to get a test map working right now and I've got problems. I've finished making the map, and I've saved it into a sub folder named "Maps" in the custom stories folder. Yet i can't see the file and there are no files visible in folder. When i check in game it says the file doesn't exist. I have a script box in the map for a starting point and everything, but im not to sure as far as the scripting goes if it is important to simply starting the map. But even if it was important to starting the map, my game cant find the file anyway...

Thank you

Okay first chese there tutorials "Setting up your custom story videos" By MulleDK19

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tutorials/start

“Life is a game, play it”
01-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Find
Cataclysm Offline

(01-06-2011, 01:31 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(01-05-2011, 11:06 PM)Cataclysm Wrote: Hey I'm trying to get a test map working right now and I've got problems. I've finished making the map, and I've saved it into a sub folder named "Maps" in the custom stories folder. Yet i can't see the file and there are no files visible in folder. When i check in game it says the file doesn't exist. I have a script box in the map for a starting point and everything, but im not to sure as far as the scripting goes if it is important to simply starting the map. But even if it was important to starting the map, my game cant find the file anyway...

Thank you

Okay first chese there tutorials "Setting up your custom story videos" By MulleDK19

Alright I will, And i just played your level. Pretty nice man.

If guns don't kill people, People kill people. Then toasters don't toast toast, Toast toast toast

01-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(01-06-2011, 02:25 AM)Cataclysm Wrote:

Thank you

Thanks Smile

01-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Find
Cataclysm Offline

(01-06-2011, 04:40 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:

Thank you

Thanks Smile

Alright so 1 more quick question. I checkout your file setup and stuff. How did you get the map file to show? I save em straight from the editor to a folder but I can see the .map file. Any idea whats going on there?

01-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(01-06-2011, 08:41 PM)Cataclysm Wrote:

Thank you

Thanks Smile

Alright so 1 more quick question. I checkout your file setup and stuff. How did you get the map file to show? I save em straight from the editor to a folder but I can see the .map file. Any idea whats going on there?

This is weird.. Its not showing your map file in folder? Hmm... Press ALT when you are in folder then Go Tools -> Folder Options and -> View then mark that "Show hidden files etc." Try that or something else.

01-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Find
Cataclysm Offline

(01-07-2011, 03:21 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(01-06-2011, 08:41 PM)Cataclysm Wrote:

Thank you

Thanks Smile

This is weird.. Its not showing your map file in folder? Hmm... Press ALT when you are in folder then Go Tools -> Folder Options and -> View then mark that "Show hidden files etc." Try that or something else.

Yea i already had that set and stuff. But i figured it out. its a little bit of trouble but it works.
Thanks for all the help. Ill be making more threads for sure soon though hahaha.

01-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Find