Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Brennenburg Castle ? When this whole game happens ?
bugmenot Offline

Threads: 21
Question about Brennenburg Castle ? When this whole game happens ?

Based on Daniel's diary & notes, the Brennenburg Castle seem bustling with lives & activity (worker/normal human servants, prisoner, etc...)

But how come when Daniel wakes up, the castle seems empty & have been abandoned for years ?

Did Daniel fell in a slumber for years or something ?
Is this whole game happens couple days after his arrival (1839) ?
or Alexander is doing something on Daniel's mind Tongue (well that's the easiest answer actually).

Some Diary & Text that make me ask this question:
Daniel's Dairy: My room is exquisite and I am confident that no hotel for miles could even hope to match it.
but yet, everything looks old & in ruins when he woke up.

also where are the other workers that work for Alexander, what we saw is only monster in an old castle?
I don't remember the exact text for the other worker, but if you read the diary & notes you get the feeling that there are some human activities in the castle.
01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Question about Brennenburg Castle ? When this whole game happens ?

You assume that the castle should be a living place with a lot of (sexy) maids and other servants. But I think it never was. For a man, who lived in our world within hundreds year it is best to hide from the outer world, don't you think? Otherwise there would be curious and unwelcome guests...

The game events happens not so long ago (appr. a day or ~10 hours) since the Daniel took amnesia potion. Well, it is obvious, isn't? We can see him losing his mind after drinking the potion (intro), and then, after few hours of unconsciousness, he wakes up. Thats' all.

Oh, and before you bring up the "ruins" reference - go in to the library and listen to the memory. It's the Shadows doing.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Find
bugmenot Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Question about Brennenburg Castle ? When this whole game happens ?

Ah I see, that kinda make sense.
But yeah... it's bugging me when I play the game and I saw that it seems the castle is already abandoned for a decade or something when in fact couple days/months ago Daniel just arrived.
01-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Find