Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress Castle Clark (formerly The Prussian)
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16
Castle Clark (formerly The Prussian)

NEWS: That's right I've finally given it a ModDB page! Also we have a name change! Say hello to Castle Clark.

7/9/11 - Currently working on a new title seeing as the original title character of The Prussian is not in the updated version. I'm thinking of going with Castle Clark as your character's name is Oliver Clark and your late uncle's name is Alexander Clark. I will also be creating a ModDB page within the next few days (I want to get the name down first). Also I have two new preview pictures.

6/6/11 - This project is still alive (though no one has really asked about it). The tally of maps done has been increased to ten (10). The number of expected maps is currently at twenty-four (24). Which include but are not limited to the: Master Bedroom, Main Hall, Archives, Storage, Chapel, and Old Prison. I have also updated the pictures below.

For those more story-oriented I have some details to share, the main character's name is Oliver Clark. Oliver has just inherited his late uncle Alexander's castle in the Rhine Province of Germany. More details will come soon, maybe. Also a name change may be coming soon.

4/25/11 - Well currently I have the story mapped out and am making quite a bit of progress. Right now I have four maps done and scripted. Not now, but soon I may be looking for some voice actors, so if you may want to help send me a PM (or post in this thread). Also there are new images below.

4/22/11 - I am redoing my custom story (same basic principle just updated maps with much better lighting, ornamentation, and new effects). I wouldn't expect anything big for another few weeks (I have standardized testing for the next two weeks). I will leave the old part one version up until I am 100% done.

New Preview Images:
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011-07-10_00019.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011-07-10_00013.jpg]

Old Preview Images:
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011-04-25_00001.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011-06-02_00004.jpg]

OLD STUFF

NEWS: Some new things, first off Part One has been fully released, thank you to the people who have played the demo and thank you HumiliatioN, kailip, and Dark Knight for testing it.
Second, I was wondering if anyone would like to work with me on tweaking Part One and on making Part Two; what I would mainly need is someone who can add in sounds for ambiance, someone who can decorate an already designed room (like adding books or other entities), and/or someone who can add lights for ambiance (I mainly have box lights and some spot lights). If you are interested please PM me.
Third, have fun with Part One. Please notify me of any bugs and I will fix ASAP.

'The Prussian' is a custom story that I have been working on since I first learned how to create custom stories. I am okay with scripting and level editing but I am not the best when it comes to things like lights or particle effects. Still the full custom story is a work in progress and this 'demo' is basically the entire first map. I hope you enjoy, feedback is appreciated.

You are the owner of a mansion during a time of war. Your guest known simply as The Prussian has tried to persuade you to join the war on his side but you have tried to stay neutral. One day, however, you awake and find something is amiss. Strange things begin to happen and monsters now roam the mansion. You are unsure what to do but you know who is most likely behind it, The Prussian.

Part One:
Last Updated: 1/18/11
http://www.mediafire.com/?9xerybx2im34m24

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011, 02:09 AM by triadtimes.)
01-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Find
Sel Offline

Threads: 10
RE: The Prussian - Demo

Screenshots/video/story etc?
01-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Find
triadtimes Offline

(01-08-2011, 05:49 AM)Sel Wrote: Screenshots/video/story etc?

I don't really know what to put as a description/backstory but I can get some screenshots up ASAP.

01-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

Hey impressive map!Exclamation

espesially labirynth path, that grung is fucking fast..
any way to enter into dungeon? awaiting the full release, where we can explore Dungeon
01-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Find
Sel Offline

Alright I'll run through this later, but going off the screenshots, the first two are uniformly lit box rooms which really scream uninteresting (Horrifying, but not in the way you were going for), and while the latter isn't exactly a gripe, since that's more of less all you can do with the amnesia set pieces most of the time, that paired with the lighting is kinda bad.

It also appears you forgot a spotlight / billboards on your window.

Anyway I'll give you more when I play through it.

E: Also some examples of how it should look.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3332789/Amnesia/...ot_000.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3332789/Amnesia/...ot_001.jpg

Remember to use carpets, off and on lights, very dim box lights, etc.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2011, 02:52 PM by Sel.)
01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

I played the demo and i almost shit my pants. Good work, please finish this map, don't leave it unfinished! Big Grin
01-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Find
triadtimes Offline

(01-08-2011, 02:45 PM)Sel Wrote: Alright I'll run through this later, but going off the screenshots, the first two are uniformly lit box rooms which really scream uninteresting (Horrifying, but not in the way you were going for), and while the latter isn't exactly a gripe, since that's more of less all you can do with the amnesia set pieces most of the time, that paired with the lighting is kinda bad.

It also appears you forgot a spotlight / billboards on your window.

Anyway I'll give you more when I play through it.

E: Also some examples of how it should look.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3332789/Amnesia/...ot_000.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3332789/Amnesia/...ot_001.jpg

Remember to use carpets, off and on lights, very dim box lights, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been working on tweaking it and here is a new screenshot, it is the same room as the second screenshot.
Spoiler below!
[Image: ThePrussian04.jpg]

01-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Find
Sel Offline

Look's significantly better, keep at it.
01-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Find
Goldennova Offline

Threads: 3

Just added this to my list of custom stories on the steam forums.

Writing a story background does make it look more appealing to potential testers though, and I can use it in my thread.
01-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Find
triadtimes Offline

(01-09-2011, 12:34 AM)Goldennova Wrote: Just added this to my list of custom stories on the steam forums.

Writing a story background does make it look more appealing to potential testers though, and I can use it in my thread.

Wow, thanks. I guess a good background would be something like:
"You are the owner of a mansion during a time of war. Your guest known simply as The Prussian has tried to persuade you to join the war on his side but you have tried to stay neutral. One day, however, you awake and find something is amiss. Strange things begin to happen and monsters now roam the mansion. You are unsure what to do but you know who is most likely behind it, The Prussian."

01-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Find