Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Decals: Creating your own [Tips]
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
Decals: Creating your own [Tips]

This thread, along with a few others, that I, Sel and a few other noticeable community members have created wonderful threads that, hopefully in the near future, will be polished and implemented as guides or tutorials under one roof, on the forums or the wiki, Until then, Enjoy.

I've been playing around with decals for Asylum and... with some noticeable render problems in the editor compared to in game, I have decided to make a list as you could call it, with all the major 'type vs Blend' in comparison to light decals or dark (black/white base)

Want too make your own Decals?
check out the different settings in the material editor

there isn't much to talk about, so... here it is.
Major Tip: Text is BACKWARDS
(it's a big image)
Spoiler below!

[Image: decalmaterialchart.jpg]

a few side notes;
If your wondering, that wall texture is NOT in amnesia, its a custom wall made for my mod
the texture is deliberatly backwards to demonstrate that the image is flipped when 'protected' by default
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2011, 03:51 PM by DIGI Byte.)
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Find
Numerius Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Decals: Creating your own [Tips]

It is very useful, thank you.
But I have a question regarding creating decals. How do I make my decal to stick? I mean... When I view it through the level editor it appear at the place where I put it, but in the map viewer it is not showing + when I reload the map in the level editor id also disappears (but if I click on the place where it was it still shows me the area, but it is empty). I would appreciate your help!
02-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

You should place it both in your custom story and amnesia directories. Use custom story one, but level editor will show amnesia one.

02-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Website Find
Numerius Offline

Threads: 1

I tried it, but no success. I think I'm doing something wrong - either creating the decal wrongly or using a wrong tool.
To create it I'm using the material editor with "decal", "default" physics material, "Alpha" blend mode, and a check on Diffuse under Texture units.
It started out as an experiment, but now I really want those decals in the level, but I could not find a tutorial on how to create it.
Uh. I must be missing something.
02-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Website Find