Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay seriously... how did he see me???
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
Okay seriously... how did he see me???

I've got a part in my level where you're hiding in a jail cell and there's a monster patrolling around... I'm in COMPLETE darkness (player info says 0.0 for both ext and normal lighting (whatever that means), and I'm crouched down, and the monster spots me for like a split second, loses me, then goes wandering off in a random direction. It's really irritating because it seems like whenever it sees me, that's messing up it's patrol nodes... which would be fine if A) it didn't lose me immediately, and B) there was a good REASON it saw me.

EDIT: Oh and it's just the narrow jail bars, but I've also put up those invisible pink boxes to block vision (does that work?) It's not stopping the monster from seeing me.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2011, 02:00 AM by GraphicsKid.)
01-17-2011, 01:59 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Okay seriously... how did he see me???

why not video record it and upload it on youtube, personally from what i've seen, the monsters have pretty good eye sight
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2011, 02:20 AM by DIGI Byte.)
01-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Find
Tony32 Offline

Threads: 2

If you don't want the monster to see you, just disable him from seeing/hearing the player from within the map editor. That way he will follow his path, but ignore the player.
01-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

But I DO want him to see me. I don't want players to suddenly realize they can run full sprint out of the cells right past the monster with no consequences.

This problem seems to have disappeared... (i say SEEMS TO). Don't know what happened, don't know what I did.

I'll report back if it returns.
01-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Find