Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.]
Informative Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.]

The Shadow is after the Orb.
Daniel took the Orb.
The Shadow chases the Orb, killing everyone who comes near it.
Daniel goes near lots of people. (Do the math)
Daniel reaches Brennenberg.
Daniel gives Orb to Alexander. (Still connected to the Orb)
Shadow reaches Brennenberg.
Shadow goes after Orb, looking for ways to get inside the Sanctum. Not caring about Daniel. (Too far away from the Orb to be a worry?)
Shadow takes notice of Daniel closing in on the Orb and focuses on him.
Daniel is chased by Shadow due to him closing in on the Orb.
(Daniel dies from staying in his cell too long)
Daniel reaches Sanctum.
1. Daniel does nothing. Alexander escapes. Shadow kills Daniel since he is closest to the orb.
2. Daniel knocks pylons over. Alexander dies due to him having the orb. Daniel lives due to the Shadow reclaiming the orb.
3. Daniel inserts Aggripa's head into portal. Alexander dies due to having orb. Daniel dies due to using the portal. (Indirectly)
4. What's the 4th ending?

[Image: 10138.png]
01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0

(01-28-2011, 04:15 PM)Informative Wrote: The Shadow is after the Orb.
Daniel took the Orb.
The Shadow chases the Orb, killing everyone who comes near it.
Daniel goes near lots of people. (Do the math)
Daniel reaches Brennenberg.
Daniel gives Orb to Alexander. (Still connected to the Orb)
Shadow reaches Brennenberg.
Shadow goes after Orb, looking for ways to get inside the Sanctum. Not caring about Daniel. (Too far away from the Orb to be a worry?)
Shadow takes notice of Daniel closing in on the Orb and focuses on him.
Daniel is chased by Shadow due to him closing in on the Orb.
(Daniel dies from staying in his cell too long)
Daniel reaches Sanctum.
1. Daniel does nothing. Alexander escapes. Shadow kills Daniel since he is closest to the orb.
2. Daniel knocks pylons over. Alexander dies due to him having the orb. Daniel lives due to the Shadow reclaiming the orb.
3. Daniel inserts Aggripa's head into portal. Alexander dies due to having orb. Daniel dies due to using the portal. (Indirectly)
4. What's the 4th ending?

this is exactly what i have been trying to say, well put.
01-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Is Daniel holding the repaired orb in the prison when the shadow kills him in the fourth ending?
01-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

(01-28-2011, 11:08 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Is Daniel holding the repaired orb in the prison when the shadow kills him in the fourth ending?

no, but he is still on the path to the orb, like the other people it killed, and correct me if i'm wring, but he is holding orb pieces? regardless, the prison is a necessary stop in the way to the inner sanctum... so it makes sense for the shadow to be there.
01-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

(01-28-2011, 04:15 PM)Informative Wrote: 2. Daniel knocks pylons over. Alexander dies due to him having the orb. Daniel lives due to the Shadow reclaiming the orb.

Logically you'd think the shadow would kill him anyway? I doubt it would be governed by morals, and the less who know about the orb the easier its job is right?

You could argue that the shadow isn't a creature of logic though I guess.
01-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

(01-28-2011, 11:56 PM)Bek Wrote:
(01-28-2011, 04:15 PM)Informative Wrote: 2. Daniel knocks pylons over. Alexander dies due to him having the orb. Daniel lives due to the Shadow reclaiming the orb.

Logically you'd think the shadow would kill him anyway? I doubt it would be governed by morals, and the less who know about the orb the easier its job is right?

You could argue that the shadow isn't a creature of logic though I guess.

yeah, i'm pretty sure that it would leave after it has the orb, again, it has a history of leaving with the orb and not killing the person who took it.
01-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Find
senataur Offline

The shadow is one of the hardest plot elements to deal with. You could even make the argument that it doesn't even exist. The only evidence we have of it is that Alexander told us it exists and we presume that it is responsible for the red goo and the deterioration of the castle.

The shadow story could have been a lie of Alexander's to get us to do his work and red goo/castle destruction could have been the result of Alexander opening a portal rift into another world.

The great thing about this story is the many different ways it can be interpreted. The numerous unknowns that like the dark corners of the rooms you are exploring only serve to intensify the fear.
02-03-2011, 06:43 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

(02-03-2011, 06:43 AM)senataur Wrote: The shadow is one of the hardest plot elements to deal with. You could even make the argument that it doesn't even exist. The only evidence we have of it is that Alexander told us it exists and we presume that it is responsible for the red goo and the deterioration of the castle.

The shadow story could have been a lie of Alexander's to get us to do his work and red goo/castle destruction could have been the result of Alexander opening a portal rift into another world.

The great thing about this story is the many different ways it can be interpreted. The numerous unknowns that like the dark corners of the rooms you are exploring only serve to intensify the fear.

alexanders story was corroborated by someone else with no motive to lie, therefore it becomes validated.
02-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Find
senataur Offline

(02-03-2011, 08:02 AM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: alexanders story was corroborated by someone else with no motive to lie, therefore it becomes validated.

who? whereabouts?
02-04-2011, 03:27 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

(02-04-2011, 03:27 AM)senataur Wrote:
(02-03-2011, 08:02 AM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: alexanders story was corroborated by someone else with no motive to lie, therefore it becomes validated.

who? whereabouts?

i dunno, but i do remember hearing something about a guy who took an orb and then the shadow came after him and it took it but wasn't killed, hence corroboration, and its not really something you lie about, especially without motive, on a piece of paper...

it might have been in the secret stuffs but it was somewhere and it validates the shadow.
02-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Find