Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First encounter with the Water Monster
scottskins Offline

Threads: 2
First encounter with the Water Monster

I had actually heard of this section before I played it, called 'one of the most intense moments'. I've just finished it, first play through and I found it to be the least scary moment so far, it was fun to play, but not even close to scary, more action-ish

thoughts?
01-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Find
wizardbaker Offline

Threads: 5
RE: First encounter with the Water Monster

I agree with you. There are many more tense moments. While that was fun, it wasn't as scary as it was action packed (funny seeing as there is no real combat)

But it does have some cool parts to it. Running away from it in the really long hallway with twists and turns was pretty tense, and I died a couple of times, the monster seemed to go away, so I opened the gate and it bursts through the door. Good jump scare.
01-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Find
Tintin Offline

Threads: 4

Naturally, you won't be as scared of the water monster, if you've heard of it before. I played the demo and didn't know about the creature, so it scared the crap out of me (especially since you can't see it and Daniel still goes mental looking at it). After some time it's a little frustrating but I'm not going to pretend I wasn't scared when it was chasing me down.
01-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Different people are different. I have a phobia of water and creatures in them, so it was almost unplayably horrible for me.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2011, 10:34 AM by hollowleviathan.)
01-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

It depends on the circumstances. It was one of the most scary moments in the game for me, personally.

Mainly because:

Spoiler below!

I died once, while running to the door with the creature coming up right behind me, so I was extremely scared already since I could hear it right behind me. I failed to open the door in time (push or pull.. it's hard to tell when stressing out) and I died.

The second attempt, I didn't even notice any creature! it just .. wasn't there! So I proceeded carefully and just as I wanted to open the door, it smashed it open right in front of me.

I completely freaked out, and I consider this very, very scary. Big Grin

01-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Find
Sursion Offline

Threads: 1

Obviously it's not scary when you know about it beforehand. It was very scary for me, especially when you're trying to jump onto a box and you can't get up, and you can hear the splashing getting closer and closer.

It was also the only part of the entire game I died.
02-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Find
pedritti Offline

(02-12-2011, 11:54 AM)Sursion Wrote: Obviously it's not scary when you know about it beforehand. It was very scary for me, especially when you're trying to jump onto a box and you can't get up, and you can hear the splashing getting closer and closer.

It was also the only part of the entire game I died.

I died twice.

Spoiler below!
The sewer grunt and the shadow after the prison. Didn't notice it was chasing until it was too late
02-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

I hadn't heard of this section before and it was VERY tense Tongue Frightening still, but mostly tense.
02-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Find
LSunday Offline

I died once with the water monster, once in the prison (I panicked and wan't thinking clearly enough to find a proper hiding spot while getting the acid. I hid in the worst possible place and knew almost immediately it would find me, but was to scared to move because it was right outside), and the shadow got me (I heard the huge *OMG BAD STUFF* happening, but I thought it was on the other side of the door. I backed up, and by the time i realized the shadow was behind me, I didn't have enough of a head start to make it through the water section in the chase).
02-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

Even though i saw the water monster in the trailer + in the demo i was still hella scared by it on my 2nd playthrough =/ In fact, i was even more scared of it cause i knew what would happen.

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
02-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Find