Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with game creation
Lawrence Offline

Threads: 1
Help with game creation

HI,

I'm new at this forum and i don't know exactly where to post this, but...
Im doing a custom story, there's no name yet, but i have a good amount of story and events to make in game.
The problem is: I'm not good with script, and have no idea in how to export a model and do a new item (i mean, item that you colect, like oil potion.). for exemple, I have an ideia, to use 3 types of herb in the game, the player must find those herbs and combine them into a machine to make a sanity potion, I have a little ideia in how to script this, but I have no ideia in how to do an item.
Finally, in the original game, girls don't die, I mean, there is no female corpse.

Well, I'll be very pleased if anybody help me out with those things Smile

There is a preview video of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPqreFUqbo
01-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Website Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Help with game creation

Hi and welcome to the forums. Smile

What exactly are you asking: That we explain it to you, or that we do it for you?
In any case, I would suggest you to learn it.

Scripting:
I would suggest you start with this, http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...y_tutorial
and continue through it; it's not so hard to understand, and you should be able to make some cool stuff fairly soon.

Custom models:
You don't know how to export models, but do you know how to model? If not, why not make a map with the models and textures that are available to you?
On the other hand, if you DO know, then this should help you a bit getting on track: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...loutsource

P.S. The map is looking pretty nice from what I've seen so far. Good luck. Smile
01-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Find
Lawrence Offline

Thanks for the reply Big Grin

Hmm, I think I can do a custom model whith this tutorial, thanks Big Grin
But, how can I script this custom model as an item that count how many items you have? I mean, if you pick up 2 Lanterns, the inventory will not show "Lantern: 2", will use 2 inventory slots for the 2 lanterns, but if you pick up 2 Oil Potions, the inventory will show "Oil Potion: 2" without occupating another inventory slot. Know what I mean?

And what if I script a "use item on entity" and do a "delete item" in a item that the player have collected 2 or more of the same item, just like Oil Potion, it will retrieve 1 item and leave the player with the rest? Or will delete all of the same itens?

And thanks for watching my preview Big Grin
01-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Website Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

Yes, I know what you mean.

All that is scripted in the .ent files that come with each model. You can look a bit in the wiki and have a look at some existing models to see what it looks like (right click/open with: Notepad (I recommend notepad++)).

Also, make your model first, then worry about it. If you're going to make custom furniture, then obviously have a look at existing furniture models and see if you can copy interesting lines.
01-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Find
Lawrence Offline

Thanks for the help, Tottel Big Grin
01-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Website Find