Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which box art do you prefer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
North American version
1.90%
2 1.90%
Old version
98.10%
103 98.10%
Total 105 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The North American box art is terrible
Elisius Von Pryde Offline

Threads: 1
RE: The North American box art is terrible

I was recently in a store and found boxes of Amnesia, right next to boxes of Penumbra I might add, that had the old art. I live in America by the way. So I assume this issue has already been over. Possibly for quite awhile.

But hell, not why I'm talking. Why is there so much america hate? Seriously. You make it sound like all of us are inbred artless morons. It's funny in moderation, and true to a limited extent. But the second gorram post in this thread was just an open bashing of the US. I could pick apart anything bad you have to say about all of us (yes SOME of us suck balls not ALL of us) but I won't because that'd be just treating a symptom. Media (yours and mine) perpetuates the idea of the ignorant american that is offensive to all other nations and a culture-less moron (even though culture cannot easily be defined so much as judged) but as anyone from a different nation who's ever BEEN to the US can tell you, we're all right people, much like you, we eat, we sleep, we fuck, and we dick around on the internet when no one invites us to parties on the weekend.

TL: DR Don't judge a culture you barely understand outside of third hand sources, its incredibly ironic and naive.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2011, 11:40 AM by Elisius Von Pryde.)
02-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0

(02-06-2011, 11:39 AM)Elisius Von Pryde Wrote: I was recently in a store and found boxes of Amnesia, right next to boxes of Penumbra I might add, that had the old art. I live in America by the way. So I assume this issue has already been over. Possibly for quite awhile.

But hell, not why I'm talking. Why is there so much america hate? Seriously. You make it sound like all of us are inbred artless morons. It's funny in moderation, and true to a limited extent. But the second gorram post in this thread was just an open bashing of the US. I could pick apart anything bad you have to say about all of us (yes SOME of us suck balls not ALL of us) but I won't because that'd be just treating a symptom. Media (yours and mine) perpetuates the idea of the ignorant american that is offensive to all other nations and a culture-less moron (even though culture cannot easily be defined so much as judged) but as anyone from a different nation who's ever BEEN to the US can tell you, we're all right people, much like you, we eat, we sleep, we fuck, and we dick around on the internet when no one invites us to parties on the weekend.

TL: DR Don't judge a culture you barely understand outside of third hand sources, its incredibly ironic and naive.

no matter what you say, america as a whole is an ignorant country and by no means the best of mankind (speaking from first hand experience) now that doesn't apply to all americans, but you'd be surprised how ignorant the country is as a whole, even if very few individuals are like that, the primary cause is media, but also the deluded thought that America is a free country and that living there is a guarantee of a perfect life.
02-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

Now now, let's keep those handbags at bay.

By the way the dislike for america is usually directed at the way it is governed, not at the people. Because we all know, a person can be smart, people are stoopid. But then again I have probably triggered a few key-word filters by now so I will just shut up before I get waterboarded.
02-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

No matter what you say, people are people the whole world over.
02-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

"People are intelligent and compassionate as individuals, but dangerous and stupid as a society."
- Tuurngait (paraphrased)

I do know quite a few intelligent & decent Americans, but on the whole America is pretty dumb and frankly quite annoying. Australia isn't much better, I might add.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
02-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0

(02-08-2011, 07:22 AM)Xanatos Wrote: "People are intelligent and compassionate as individuals, but dangerous and stupid as a society."
- Tuurngait (paraphrased)

I do know quite a few intelligent & decent Americans, but on the whole America is pretty dumb and frankly quite annoying. Australia isn't much better, I might add.

this.
02-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Find
sagdashin Offline

Threads: 2

What the hell... the grunt doesn't even look like a grunt! Dodgy
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011, 02:45 PM by sagdashin.)
02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Best PC horror game, worst PC horror cover.

02-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Website Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

That box art is so terrible it's scary! IT'S SCARY! AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry... lol Blush
02-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Find
pedritti Offline

Threads: 1

It looks like a box art for alone in the dark. The one from 1980's. lool
02-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Find