Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water problem
Sudden Offline

Threads: 4
Water problem

I have made some sort of sewer with water on the floor. But when i walk out of the water and walking on normal ground i can still hear water splashes :/ But it only happens when i climb up the ladder out of the sewers. When im down there and walk on normal ground i don't hear any splashes. Only when i climb up the ladder out of the sewers. Please help!
02-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Water problem

Just to clarify: you hear the splashes correctly when you walk in the water, and then after you've climbed up out of the sewer (via ladder) and are on solid ground above, you still hear the splashes when you walk? Is this correct?

I haven't run into the same issue, but a couple questions immediately come to mind:
1) What is the ground surface that is splashing after you've left the water? Meaning: is it a surface like the default castlebase floor, or is it something else?
2) Do you climb onto the ladder directly from the water, or are you standing on solid ground when you begin your climb?
...or...
3) Have I missed your meaning entirely, and you aren't talking about the player's splashing footstep sounds at all?

As I'm stuck and need a break from scripting, I'll whip up a map that should be similar to yours and see if I can replicate the problem.

EDIT: I've been trying to replicate the issue, but haven't had the same problem. Splashing water sounds when on the ground floor (flooded), ladder climbing noises when on the ladder, and regular walking sounds when on the stone floor above.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2011, 05:46 AM by Phoroneus.)
02-02-2011, 04:53 AM
Find
Sudden Offline

yes that is correct.

1: its normal castlebase floor

2.i climb up the ladder directly from the water.

3. no you haven't missed anything Tongue
02-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

I'm still unable to replicate the problem. I thought at first it might be some kind of variable that was being set and then not being changed after climbing the ladder, but that's not how the engine determines footfall sounds as far as I can gather.

I'd try putting a solid platform beneath the ladder temporarily to see if the problem persists in cases where you go from solid ground to the ladder. If so, I'd move/delete the water below and test it to make sure the sounds upstairs are corrected.

Is the ladder touching the water? Ladders are weird, and that might be affecting it (somehow Confused) - I know ladders shouldn't touch anything at all to have them function properly, but to be honest I've never tried partially submerging one.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6

Ladders have some errors (for example with mapchange from them), so try makeing it so the player have to walk out of the water first, then climbing the ladder...
02-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Find
Sudden Offline

i removed the liquid area around ladder and now it works.
02-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Find