Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 38 Vote(s) - 3.95 Average
Amnesia: An Unexpected Arrival [RELEASE] - v1.04
DAOLs Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: An Unexpected Arrival [RELEASE] - v1.04

Ive just been playing your custom story but now i took a break and will finish it soon and when im done i will upload it to youtube Smile and man so far ive played i think its the best Custom Story ive ever played and its so freekin scary the only boring part yet was the beginning Smile Good Job so far man
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2011, 07:57 PM by DAOLs.)
06-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(06-24-2011, 07:56 PM)DAOLs Wrote: Ive just been playing your custom story but now i took a break and will finish it soon and when im done i will upload it to youtube Smile and man so far ive played i think its the best Custom Story ive ever played and its so freekin scary the only boring part yet was the beginning Smile Good Job so far man

I am glad you liked it. I had voice acting in the intro, introducing the player to Tim more. But I lost it and couldn't find the willpower to record it all again Tongue

06-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Find
ZombieSlayer Offline

wow, this was most scary custom story i played, I enjoyed it very very much, i loved that bit where player can see outside a window, the outdoor was very beautiful Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011, 11:44 AM by ZombieSlayer.)
07-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Find
mattwhi Offline

Glitch: when i was walking in the forest i went into a little area and i fell through the floor of the map and landed in water plz fix Big Grin
07-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Find
Nye Offline

(07-06-2011, 09:07 AM)mattwhi Wrote: Glitch: when i was walking in the forest i went into a little area and i fell through the floor of the map and landed in water plz fix Big Grin

I can't recreate this issue; it could be due to an outdated game version? (ie. v1.0)

07-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Find
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

Threads: 5

Very, very good custom story, the atmosphere was very well created, although the Family Guy (Quagmire) reference with the chest in the beginning was just... dumb. I could only :/ at it. You don't just thrown in a joke senselessly like this, and especially not at the start of a dark and brooding game when the mood has already been set. Perhaps you should've left it for later on in the game, to break away from the brooding feel for a bit when the player is completely safe. The pacing you created was perfect otherwise.

I took some other notes while I played.

1 - In the same room, the water sound didn't loop, I guess some other member must've already mentioned it; incidentally, I noticed in the credits what you wrote and it's sad that you lost all your files, thus can't fix it, but I don't see how this would prevent you from making a sequel of sorts. Sorry if this sounds a bit ignorant, I have not read the rest of the thread.

2 - The screen didn't need to shake for so long when the first grunt appeared. That was kind of annoying.

3 - Two left arms inside the iron maiden? lol.

4 - Couldn't insert the lever into the machine socket right away. Needed a few tries to find the right spot to click.

5 - Naked statue in the middle of one of the rooms was really out of place. Like, silly out of place since it's so stretched.

6 - Despite the locked desk, I was still able to click on the bone saw inside it, sorry! I guess you planned on using it for something but never did, possibly in the sequel?

7 -
Spoiler below!
You are such an asshole, lol. I mean that in a good way, I absolutely loved the way you scripted the enemies in this game, but especially in the room with a bunch of corpses burning in the fireplace with blue fire. I ran back into this room to hide in the closet, but of course it was locked right then! Then I wanted to jump out the hole in the wall, but of course there was a second grunt waiting for me, all you can do is hide in the corner. Genius work, really.

8 - The hammer was just annoying to grab.

9 - Despite me saying I loved the pacing, I have to point out that there were too many earthquakes. It's kind of annoying, especially since there was no reason given for them. They happen in the main game due to the 'shadow' causing them, but here, are we supposed to assume that the same shadow is causing them? Or is it another supernatural entity altogether? Or are they just random?

I had a couple more things to mention but reading over them now they don't really matter. Great work, would like to see An Unexpected Arrival Part 2 if you ever make it. This custom story really rubbed me the right way, hurrhurr.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2011, 08:13 PM by AlexxShadenk777.)
07-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Find
Stanton Offline

when will be released an unexpected arrival part 2 ? First part ended in some mine where was door and i clicked on them and credits appeared, what's new about part 2? thanks for answer
08-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Find
MasaMainio Offline

Threads: 2

I kinda liked this one, for the story and the layout, but I found some Glitches:

1. In the entry hall of the castle, I crouched near the fallen pilar and jumped and fell through the floor

2. The Grunt in the Maintenance Started going weird and ran through the walls in the speed of light and didn't do any damage even though it hit me like 5 times though I had low health.

I also could pick up the bone saw from the closed cabinet..

Besides those things I liked this custom story.
08-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Find
TRexAteMyGirlfriend Offline

Hello everyone.
I'm currently releasing my playthrough of An Unexpected Arrival, I have approximately two more videos to upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEpYGkVXm5g

My opinion? Bravo, very scary, terribly terrifying map ;n; I lost my sanity at one point and thought the statue in the middle of one of the rooms was not there a second ago. I really loved this map, I'm excited for part two of it and look forward to continuing it when possible. I rate it currently as my scariest custom story.
08-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Website Find
Nye Offline

(08-13-2011, 09:36 AM)TRexAteMyGirlfriend Wrote: Hello everyone.
I'm currently releasing my playthrough of An Unexpected Arrival, I have approximately two more videos to upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEpYGkVXm5g

My opinion? Bravo, very scary, terribly terrifying map ;n; I lost my sanity at one point and thought the statue in the middle of one of the rooms was not there a second ago. I really loved this map, I'm excited for part two of it and look forward to continuing it when possible. I rate it currently as my scariest custom story.

Glad you liked it, I added your video to the main post. Big Grin

08-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Find