Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slam Door Shut
TomFX Offline

Threads: 1
Slam Door Shut

Hello,

Despite the fact that this forum is filled with threads like that... I still can't figure it out. I'm sorry. Big Grin

So the player is walking trough a corridor, when the door, at the very far end, slams shut and also locks itself.

Since I'm a beginner, with a brief experience on scripting, I need detailed information. Big Grin

So how do I make a door shut itself, when a player passes script area AND also making the door get locked (the player will need to open it later).

Thank you.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011, 02:19 PM by TomFX.)
02-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Slam Door Shut

Well what is it you dont understand from everything on this subject that is already out there?, how far have you gotten in the process? Do you get an error or simply nothing happens when you try?
Or do you need help all the way from the beginning? Have you set up a dev environment?

Will be much easier to help you if you clarify from what point you need help...
02-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Find
TomFX Offline

Threads: 1

Yes, I've set up dev environment, the entities is in place... What confuses me is the very beginning of scripting, sections that start with "void...".

I didn't even try basically, as I said, I don't know where to begin... If you could just link me to the topic, that already exist, that would be the best example, it would be all that I need.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011, 06:05 PM by TomFX.)
02-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

If you don't understand the return type (void) you may want to start looking at programming languages, or follow a few tutorials on Angel Script.

02-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Find
Akumasama Offline

Threads: 2

Ah...

You're new to programming then, I geuss.
You might learn something from the thread I made when I just started scripting.
I'll link it for you.

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-5425.html

Also, if you want to learn anything, post whatever you have and we'll help you expand both your knowledge and script. Smile
If you have nothing as of yet, try starting out with the basic script and TRY to write your own part in there.
You won't learn anything from only reading, is what I'm trying to say Tongue
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011, 08:13 PM by Akumasama.)
02-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Find