Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you make a custom story if it was easier to learn to make one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. Yes. YES!!!111! :3
70.31%
45 70.31%
Yeah, that sounds good.
20.31%
13 20.31%
Meh, I don't really care.
3.13%
2 3.13%
Not really, I guess it would be cool though.
4.69%
3 4.69%
STFU, that is a dumb idea.
1.56%
1 1.56%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[POLL!] Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how? [POLL]
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7
RE: [POLL!] Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how? [POLL]

Well I've managed to create a room, with furniture in it, and a door leading to another much smaller room with one of those holes for putting paintings over to hide stuff.

I think doing an actual story would be beyond me, but I though it would be good just do do one room. There's lots of things I still don't know how to do though. Place candles on desks etc, hang a picture over the secret hole in the wall, decide where the player starts and I'm also not sure about the lighting situation. Would I be right in thinking that lights and candles etc don't just light up where they'd naturally light up when you place them - so you have to tell each one where to cast light?

And then, I don't know how to just get it so that I can actually walk around in it.

Wow - what a mansion!
03-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29
Great Idea

I think its a great idea to have a poll to see if people really want some tutorials for the amnesia level editor and scripting.
I understand a partial of the level editing but not the lighting.
And scripting is very confusing 2 me.
And there arent that many tutorials out there, that give all the detail on scripting and stuff.
So It would be cool to see a good tutorial for thisCool

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

03-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Find
Lontasm Offline

Threads: 7
RE: [POLL!] Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how? [POLL]

as for the Level Editor I can easily handle myself, but I would appreciate it very much if I could get some help with the scripting :>

Current Project: Depths of Shadows(Mapper)
03-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

since no one have told me how to make a enemy patrol....
how do i make a enemy patrol?
03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Website Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29

Nye are u going to help and do that thread u said. Plz it will help most of the amnesia fans on making custom stories.

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

04-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Find
Solarn Offline

Threads: 3

Yes, yes and a thousand times yes! The scripting tutorials on the wiki are woefully inadequate and I'd love for someone to fix that. I'm sort of getting along using my previous experience with scripting (in the Doom sourceport ZDoom, if you can believe, it mostly helps with understanding how these things are structured) and the two video tutorials on the wiki, but there are a lot of things I still don't understand.
04-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(04-02-2011, 12:26 PM)ZxBrad Wrote: Nye are u going to help and do that thread u said. Plz it will help most of the amnesia fans on making custom stories.

Yeah, I have started something but I am really busy with other things in my life right now. Unless someone else releases something, in the mean time Pandemoneus updated the 'Script Functions' page (http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions), to make understanding the script syntax easier.

04-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Find
Solarn Offline

Threads: 3

(04-02-2011, 02:50 PM)Nye Wrote:
(04-02-2011, 12:26 PM)ZxBrad Wrote: Nye are u going to help and do that thread u said. Plz it will help most of the amnesia fans on making custom stories.

Yeah, I have started something but I am really busy with other things in my life right now. Unless someone else releases something, in the mean time Pandemoneus updated the 'Script Functions' page (http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions), to make understanding the script syntax easier.
Just a note: some things on that page might be wrong. It's written for the GiveItem function that the devs never used it, when in fact it's used in every case that items are combined. I noticed it because I'm learning to script by cannibalising parts of the already existing scripts and then taking them apart. Just look in inventory.hps in the maps/main folder.
04-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Find