Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Strange Monster noises
Conan Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Strange Monster noises

I like that creepy thumping music when a monster is nearby, it's like the sound of your heart pounding set to music: ba.....ba ba bum....baba bowm!
03-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Lol, me too. However, I don't think the music going away should mean the monster is gone like it does...after you figure that out it gets a bit less scary.
03-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Find
Droopy Offline

Threads: 5

The terror sound is one of my many favourite things about this game's sound design.

I would consider it to be the best translation of foreboding terror into a sound possible.
Great job, Frictional.
03-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Find
thepaleking Offline

Threads: 1

Did anyone else encounter a really loud version of this sound towards the beginning of the prison area? Not sure if it's this sound, but there was a huge groaning sound that made Daniel almost topple over and move really slowly (kind of like at the start of the game). Wonder if it was sanity related.
03-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Find
Redeemer Offline

Threads: 2

thepaleking Wrote:Did anyone else encounter a really loud version of this sound towards the beginning of the prison area? Not sure if it's this sound, but there was a huge groaning sound that made Daniel almost topple over and move really slowly (kind of like at the start of the game). Wonder if it was sanity related.
I heard the sound that made daniel go nuts with terror, but it didn't make him topple over. Your sanity was probably too low.

03-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Are you talking about the one in the sounds folder 04_scream.snt? I got that in the prison and the whole screen goes red, but I got it in the north block near the kitchen. The only other groaning sound I can think of near the beginning of the prison is when you see the first brute.
03-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Find