Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)
SMALLbutTALL Offline

Threads: 1
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)

While playing the game, did you...

... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by?
Yes! I was terrified every time a monster appeared, often having to pause the game.
... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter?
No, I told all my mates how amazing it was and how it was the scariest game you will ever play.
... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking?
Yes, as I said earlier I had to pause the gamer sometimes just to calm myself down and often when I encountered a particular scary moment I would quit the game and come back to it a few days later at least.
... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster?
The only time this happened was with the water monster. My fear of water was created then.
... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you?
No, I'm glad I got to have someone "normal" speaking to me, well at least he wasn't trying to scoop out my eyeballs with a spoon.
... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side?
Yes! I remember in the study when I was very new to the game I wouldn't leave this room as I was certain there was a monster outside of it. I refused to play the game for weeks but in the end there was nothing there -_-
... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn?
No, because I got too excited when I realised I had found what I was looking for and any thought of monsters evaded my mind. "You have to know how foolish I was".
... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear?
Definitely, in a believe the storage area (near the weird baby snake statue vomiting water). When the first scripted monster which attacked you there came out I was terrified even after it gone.
... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there?
No, I just hid in an isolated area for days.
... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it?
Most certainly yes! This happened to me more in custom stories than in the main story. I remember one time when I was playing the "Find Stephano" pewdiepie map a brute appeared right behind me, me being scared and acting very stupidly I thought it was infront of me and decided to run back the way I came. Turned out a mean looking sword wielding zombie (a brute) was waiting for me at the door.
... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen?
I did indeed. I thought I could escape the castle that way. At the time I had no intention of killing Alexander I just wanted to get out of there!
... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall?
Afraid not. Maybe I'll try that in the near future.
... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid?
Of course! Who hasn't? I spent ages seeing what I could destroy by putting it in the acid tub Smile
... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot?
I can't think of any specific times in Amnesia but I do remember this happening in Penumbra Black Plague. With the first monster encounter I hid behind the desk in the room you're in. It turns out it was better to hide in the corner of the room out in the open as I survived doing this while died hiding behind the desk. (I was playing on hard difficulty)
... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around?
No, I haven't played through the main story since I completed it!
... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun?
I was just too scared to go back to an earlier save.
... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south?
Nope, I was still traumatised from all the monsters I encountered when trying to fix the elevator.
... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)
No, I was just super scared, as always Tongue
... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"?
I didn't curse in six ways, I just usually stated "Oh, balls" when such an event happened.
05-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Find
Datzy Offline

Threads: 0

Yes
Yes
Only Once
No
Yes ;_;
Yes
No
Twice
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes! xD
Too many times
On my second playthrough
Yep
No
Never thought of it
Yes
05-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Website Find
Earthykiller127 Offline

Threads: 10

No, im not a girl that piss is pant!

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter?

i dont shat meh pant but one time a monster surprised me and i got like an "little" heart attack

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking?

no when a monster purchase me, i dont pause the game to be in the real feeling of being in the game!

I HAZ NO FREAKIN IDEA..oh wait no i dont die once..or maybe yes XD

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you?

nope.avi OMG DAMN I FORGOT TO CONVERT IT INTO .WMV!!

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side?

well i alway open door fast sometime...

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn?

no, I KEPT PICKING UP LAUDANUM AND KEY EVEN IF I KNOW SOMETHING WOULD HAPPEN! omgwtfbbq

yeh man, but not on hallucination monster

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there?

no.

yeh! happen to me everytime when im a "bit" scared

no, i knew i could die

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall?

not really.

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid?

yeh it was fun to use that acid thingy

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot?

yah sometime i dont hide in closet..but its because i have no time for this shit!

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your
unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time
around?

i have to make another nope.avi video..

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun?

yeah when i loaded my game from the refinery i loaded an game just to see if the monster came out and i screwed around

I have to say: that game is epic!

I'll make it short
I am
Spoiler below!
Black ☆ Rock Shooter
05-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Website Find
iRawrdom Offline

No.
No.
No again.
No Again.
No Again..
Sometimes.
Sometimes again.
Yes. At The Choir.
No.
No. Again
Not Sure. im too lazy to remember the Areas of the Game.
No.
Yeah, i Threw almost everything in the room in it.
No.
... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around?
i only played it once.
No.
Somehow.

05-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Website Find
Larai Offline

Nope, was too scared to scream Wink

Never! If anyone would laugh at me, I asked them to play it!

Yep - in the cistern

Yes, had some issues in the storage room

Agrippa? Never, I like him!

Too many times...

Yep, sometimes

Once...I think

No

Yes, in the storage...

No, it was unintended...

No, I was too scared...

Of course! The kitchen never looked cleaner!

Yep!

around?

Yes, yes! *cry*

No, but I wish I had a savegame somewhere around the back hall...

Not really, was busy looking away from the doors...

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined
the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than
one language. XD)

Yes! And I got the bonus points too!

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made
your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face
along the floor!"?

Yes! So many times! Wink
12-10-2012, 02:08 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

No

No

No

Yes

No

No

No

Yes

No

No

No

No

No

No

around?

No

Yes, the ending

No

one language. XD)

No

along the floor!"?

No

(If you played Penumbra: Overture first...)

... walk into the Refinery and think: "This isn't the Refinery."?
LOL good one! Yup
12-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall? No.

Spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid? NEVAH!

Curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"? Only Once.

Aside those questions, i say all yes. Except the:
"Curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall?" because i cursed at it with 4 words.

EDIT: (sees the post dates..)OH F**K!!! I JUST BUMPED ONTO THIS THREAD!! IAM VERY SORRY!!!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2013, 06:54 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
01-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Find
nivramm Offline

Threads: 1

(03-08-2011, 07:20 AM)eiahmon Wrote:
Spoiler below!

only a few times^^
yesSmile
oh yeah…i've started playing some stump egoshooters always after amnesia to get back to reality^^
no, i've always learned with my dead
no
at nearly every door^^
especially at the orb-pieces
yeah in the church hall…doesn't know hot its called…the big one with a lot of fog in it…whee you should _NEVER_ lit your lantern^^
nope
yeah, in the same room like above
i thought about it, but i didn't
nope
also not, but i will^^
oh yeah-.-
no
yeah, just the end for seeing all possible ends^^
oh yes^^
... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)
no, didn't meet up with the shadow
... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"?
also not^^

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013, 09:10 PM by nivramm.)
01-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Find
AMachineForFigs Offline

Well, since revived thread Big Grin

No, but did a Markiplier style scream due to the Brute in the Morgue

Nope! I tell them it was scary and it is. Tongue

Possibly in the Choir. I'm not sure

Nope. Water monster (ofc) and a Brute in the Choir were the only things that killed me.

Agrippa? Never! That dude saved my life in the end!

So, so many times.

Not really..until IMMEDIATELY after.

Nope

No

Nosiree.

Nope, but I kind of want to now. Because SCIENCE ISNT ABOUT WHY, ITS ABOUT WHY NOT.

Didn't wanna die (see upper question)

Only when the pig disintegrated COMPLETELY after touching only its snout to the acid.

Surprisingly no

around?

Only played once

Nope

Nah, knew I'd survive Big Grin

one language. XD)

Yea! I loved the Back Hall!

along the floor!"?

Yes!!
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013, 11:29 PM by AMachineForFigs.)
01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Find