Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Music
Matthias Steel Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Music

my fave genre is heavy metal but overall i'm just a plain old rock lover. i only like music that uses instruments and has talent and has distinguishable vocals. i hate "metal" that uses growls and grunts its just annoying to me and tasteless. i find pop and rap to be watered down garbage for musically ignorant morons. a few of my fave bands include Rush, Manilla Road, Running Wild, Pentagram, Saint Vitus, Cloven hoof, Rudimentary Peni, Witchfinder general, Razor, Coroner, and allot more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZQ67whM_ZE

"He rides the wind on silent wings lazerbeams ripping steel, Black helicopters go up in flames before they know that he's real"
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2011, 11:51 PM by Matthias Steel.)
03-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Find
Matthias Steel Offline

Threads: 9

(03-27-2011, 05:04 AM)Droopy Wrote: Personally, doom metal and stoner rock. So basically downtempo and downtuned to hell.

(03-27-2011, 02:12 AM)gandalf91 Wrote: I listen to most would be heavy metal and videogame and movie soundtracks. Interesting combo, huh? Tongue

Metal + Videogame music eh?

yeah Doom is awesome music, especially traditional Doom metal. its the best to smoke to.

"He rides the wind on silent wings lazerbeams ripping steel, Black helicopters go up in flames before they know that he's real"
03-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Distinguishable vocals are subjective to the person...some people understand most of the lyrics in modern heavy metal (myself included). I'm not personally that big on rap but the emphasis on what to listen to is different than rock, jazz, classical or anything else. It definitely is musically simpler though. The one genre I despise most though is Top 40 (pop). Mainstream, generic sound with nothing unique to distinguish itself.
03-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Find